Pocoyo (found pilots of Spanish-British children's animated comedy TV series; 2002-2004)
Early logo from the bible, dated 2002.
Found (2002 Pilot)
Found (Second Pilot)
Date found: July 15, 2006 (Original)/January 2, 2011 (Reupload) (First Pilot/Episodio Piloto) December 21, 2008 (Original) /October 17, 2022 (Reupload) (Second Pilot/The See-Saw)
Found by: The Official Pocoyo Blog (2006) and SeriesPocoyo/Pocoyo Español (2011) (First Pilot) El Show de Pocoyó DVD (2008) and LP10M (2022) (Second Pilot/The See-Saw)
Pocoyo is a Spanish-British children's animated comedy TV series co-produced by Guillermo García Carsí, Colman López, Luis Gallego, and David Cantolla that premiered both on Clan TVE and CITV in 2005 and is still airing as of 2022.
The series consists of the characters Pocoyo, a four-year-old boy with a blue hat and clothes, Pato a duck with a small green hat, Elly a pink elephant with a blue backpack, Loula an orange dog and Sleepy Bird a teal-colored bird that almost always seen sleeping.
There were two pilots produced in Spain for the series, one developed in 2002 and the other in either 2003 or 2004.
In the 2002 pilot, Pocoyo and Pato (originally called Duckie) go for a boat ride as the narrator counts how many fish they see jumping out of the water. Pocoyo is always seen with a yellow pacifier (which he is rarely seen within the final show), and it's also narrated by an American female (as opposed to a male one like the final show). Pocoyo also communicates by squeaking instead of talking.
The second pilot's plot is currently unknown, but the Pocoyo Instagram account has confirmed that it featured the final designs for the characters. It was confirmed that the second pilot is the found lost episode "Sea-Saw" by Oscar G. Gutierrez.
While the 2002 pilot was uploaded onto the YouTube channel SeriesPocoyo in 2011, the second pilot is currently lost. The second pilot was believed to be partially found in 2021, but it was later confirmed in 2022 that the footage believed to be of the second pilot was instead from an unrelated test animation and that the real second pilot featured the final designs for the characters. 11/05/2023 The second pilot is confirmed to be the episode "The See-Saw".
A beta plot of Pocoyo (possibly from the pitch bible) has been found by LP10M in a PDF called ANIMATION FLASH 2004, this is the plot:
"Pocoyo, a 3D CGI series from Carlton and Zinkia Entertainment (Spain), aimed at pre-schoolers and their caregivers. The 52x7 minute series offers a unique blend of visuals combined with percussion, melody, and rhythm. Pocoyo is about a young child’s discovery of the world around him. Pocoyo is a child with an insatiable curiosity, living in a world of limitless opportunities. Helped by his band of friends, Duckie, Elefanta, and a puppy called Lucas, Pocoyo is forever discovering new and exciting things. The visual simplicity and modernity of the series, combined with the upbeat music, is very engaging, making children want to laugh, sing, jump, dance, and play with Pocoyo. Carlton International retains worldwide distribution rights for Pocoyo, excluding Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Latin America, which are being handled by Zinkia."
Milkshake! (Channel 5)
- Audrey and Friends (partially found Milkshake! animated series; 2002)
- Jelly Jamm (partially found pitch pilot of British Spanish children's animated TV series; 2009)
- Peppa Pig (partially found American dub of British children's animated TV series; 2005)
- Peppa Pig (found pitch pilot of British children's animated TV series; 2002)
- Pip Ahoy! (partially found unaired pilot of animated series; 2013)
- Roary the Racing Car (lost pitch pilot of British children's stop-motion animated TV series; 2005)
- Roary the Racing Car (partially found American English dub of British children's stop-motion animated TV series; 2008-2012)
- Astro Farm (partially found CiTV claymation series; 1990s)
- Billy (partially found CITV animated series; 1998-1999)
- The Diamond Brothers: South by South East (partially found ITV adaptation of children's detective book; 1991)
- Dream Street (found British children's TV series; 1999-2002)
- The Fugitives (partially found British children's sci-fi TV series; 2005)
- Ripley and Scuff (partially found British children's television series; 2002-2003)
- Sooty's Amazing Adventures (partially lost animated spin-off of Sooty; 1996-1997)
- The Spooks of Bottle Bay (partially found British children's TV series; 1993-1995)
- StarStreet (partially lost British children's television series; 2001-2002)
- The Twins (partially found animated series; 2000)
- Pocoyo Instagram page confirming the second pilot's character designs being the final ones. Retrieved 11 May '23
- Animation Flash - Natpe 2004 Special Edition pg. 10 Retrieved 11 May '23