Avenged Sevenfold "Warmness on the Soul" (lost original version of track; 2000)
In November 2000, Avenged Sevenfold went to Westbeach Recorders in Hollywood, CA to record their debut full-length studio album, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet. Three months later, they would return to the studio to re-record two of the album's songs – "To End the Rapture" and "Warmness on the Soul" – for release on the Enhanced CD EP Warmness on the Soul, a sampler of the album's material released in April 2001.
"To End the Rapture" – originally a piano piece – was reworked into a 'Heavy Metal Version', with guitar tracks recorded by then newcomer guitarist Brian "Synyster Gates" Haner Jr. "Warmness on the Soul" saw a 'Single Version' re-recording, which was treated with a music video included on the EP.
While the original "To End the Rapture" was featured on the original pressings of Sounding the Seventh Trumpet by Goodlife Recordings (being replaced by the 'Heavy Metal Version' on Hopeless Records' re-release pressings), the original "Warmness on the Soul" never saw an official release, as the re-recording was used on the album instead.
It's unknown whether it will ever see the light of day or not, as the band hints no interest in exploring any material related to Sounding the Seventh Trumpet – the album's tenth anniversary was simply ignored, unlike their second studio album, Waking the Fallen, which was treated with a special reissue that included a mini-documentary and unreleased demos/live material. In September 2016, "Warmness on the Soul" was included in the band's rotating live setlist for the first time as an instrumental guitar piece, however the possibility of this representing an interest of the quintet in exploring the song commercially – aiding in a possible release of the original 2000 recording – remains a mystery.
- avengedsevenfold.com (official a7x homepage). Archived from the original on March 2, 2001. Retrieved June 28, 2015.
- avengedsevenfold.com (official a7x homepage). Archived from the original on April 1, 2001. Retrieved June 28, 2015.
- avengedsevenfold.com (official a7x homepage). Archived from the original on January 26, 2002. Retrieved June 28, 2015.
- "Avenged Sevenfold To Release Waking The Fallen: Resurrected August 25". Hopeless Records. June 24, 2014.
- Avenged Sevenfold Concert Setlist at Providence Medical Center Amphitheater, Bonner Springs on September 12, 2016. Retrieved April 19, 2017.