Be Safe with the Tweenies (partially found safety shorts of British children's series; 2003-2008)
|Title card used for the shorts.|
Be Safe with the Tweenies was a series of 27 shorts about being safe around certain situations (like railways and/or sheds). These shorts aired on the British children's channel CBeebies between 2003 and 2008. Only two full shorts and clips from various other shorts have come to light, as of now. The shorts are also known as the 'Tweenies Safety Shorts'.
Be Safe with the Tweenies, as the title suggests, was a show about being safe. The theme for the intro was remade and was much shorter than the Tweenies intro.
Episodes are available on BBC Redux, however this service is only available to those with a functioning @bbc.co.uk e-mail address.
There are different scenes in the intro. A description of the scene will be on the left while the known episode would be on the right:
- Max with a video camera - 'Throwing' (as the description shows that Max was planning to make a movie of the children).
- Bella smashing a teapot - 'Kettle and Teapot'.
- Jake throwing sand at the camera - 'Throwing'.
- Milo with his birthday cake - 'Candles'
- Jake holding a breadknife - 'Knifes'
- Bella holding a pair of dangerous garden cutters - 'Sheds'
- Milo for some reason, is stuck upside down and Bella is trying to save him - 'Doors and Windows'.
- Max with gardening gear - 'Sheds'.
- Fizz finding dangerous bottles - 'Cleaning materials'.
- Fizz tangled in wires - 'Electric Sockets and Cables'.
- Judy with a guitar - 'Railway Lines'
- Jake with incredibly blunt scissors - 'Scissors'.
- Doodles the dog tripping over a stuffed snake - 'Leaving toys around'.
- Izzles the dog near soft shapes with Milo - 'Fire Safety'.
- The Tweenies playing on a climbing frame - Might be 'Slides'.