Come Into My World (Unreleased EJay Day demo album, 2006)
EJay Day placed tenth on the first season of American Idol. Although he was originally not selected to advance into the voting rounds of the competition, the judges chose him to replace a disqualified contestant, and Day subsequently made it through the semi-final round, before becoming the first finalist ever voted off in the history of the popular Fox reality television series. Despite his brief time on American Idol, Day received mostly positive remarks from the judges for his two voting-round performances. Prior to appearing on American Idol, Day had been a Top 20 contestant on Popstars: USA.
Following his time on reality television, Day had a short-lived recording career. He never released an album, but did upload a handful of original songs to his social media accounts. One of these songs, "Come Into My World", was released as a single in July 2003 and was played on two radio stations in Atlanta, Georgia. A demo album of the same name was recorded but has never become publicly available.
Come Into My World was self-produced, and in 2006, Day told The Gwinnett Daily Post that he was in the process of "shopping [the album] around to studios." Most of the information about the album comes from that article, which reads:
"He [Day] described the album of original songs as a blend of R&B and pop. Many of the songs were inspired by his experiences performing on cruise ships."
Day's official website at the time, ejayonline.com, stated that the album's songs were "written by [Day] himself, along with Charlie Morgan and Georgi Ivanov."
Nothing more is definitively known about Come Into My World. The single of the same name is still available to hear on Day's StarNow account, as is another of Day's original songs, "My Lovin's Too Good Too Wait". Both songs are also listed on Day's MySpace page, but cannot be heard there, as a technical error caused all music files uploaded to the site before 2015 to be lost. Day's MySpace page lists two additional songs, "Just Let Go" and "One Good Beat", which are both now lost. It is unknown whether any of these songs were included on Come Into My World.
- Trio of locals going for big break as 'Idol' finalists
- "'American Idol' Weds Reality TV and Music"
- Those Were the DaysSee What the Season 1 Cast of ‘American Idol’ is Doing 15 Years Later!
- Top 30: Group 3". American Idol. Season 1. Episode 7. July 2, 2002. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- Top 10 Perform". American Idol. Season 1. Episode 10. July 16, 2002. Fox Broadcasting Network.
- "Simon strikes back". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- "'Idol' performer the next Michael Jackson? – Singer thrives in spotlight". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- "EJay Day – Actor, Musician" StarNow
- "EJay Day Music" MySpace
- "EJay Day, Tamyra Gray return to TV as 'Idol' enters syndication"
- EJay Day Biography (ejayonline.com)
- Myspace Lost All Music Uploaded to Site Prior to 2015 Rolling Stones