Greed (partially found Fox game show; 1999-2000)
Greed, was an American game show hosted by Chuck Woolery that aired on Fox from November 4th, 1999, to July 14th, 2000. Following the success of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, Fox attempted their own primetime hit where once contestants could possibly win over $2,000,000. Unfortunately, Greed did not capture the success of Millionaire and was canceled in July 2000 after just 44 episodes. Despite the lackluster success, some of the episodes have resurfaced.
In the ever-expanding market of entertainment tv shows have come and gone. One popular genre that has allowed for people to win amazing prizes is that of game shows. In 1999, ABC launched the successful game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire to very positive ratings and reviews. Fox, wanting to up the competition launched their own television show Greed that same year. Whereas the top prize in Who Wants to be a Millionaire was a total of $1 million, the top prize for Greed would be $2 million.
Greed first debuted on Fox on November 4th, 1999 modest success. While successful, Greed was not the exact hit that Fox was aiming for and the show was canceled in after the conclusion of its first season in 2000. In 2002, the television station GSN picked up the syndication rights to re-run Greed. Re-runs would air on GSN from 2002 until 2008.
GSN picked up Greed in 2002 and aired every episode except for That ‘70s Greed Part 1 due to it being only a half-hour long. Greed hasn’t aired on GSN since 2008 and most of the episodes have not resurfaced on the internet. Below is a list of all the episodes and their availability status.
|1 & 2||November 4, 1999||Found|
|3||November 11, 1999||Found|
|4||November 18, 1999||Found|
|5||November 24, 1999||Lost|
|6||December 2, 1999||Lost|
|7||December 9, 1999||Found|
|8||December 10, 1999||Lost|
|9||December 16, 1999||Lost|
|10||January 5, 2000||Found|
|11||January 6, 2000||Lost|
|12||January 7, 2000||Lost|
|13||January 14, 2000||Found|
|14||January 21, 2000||Lost|
|15||January 28, 2000||Lost|
|16||February 4, 2000||Partially Found|
|17||February 11, 2000||Found|
|18||February 18, 2000 ( | )||Partially Lost|
|19||February 25, 2000 (Tournament of Losers)||Lost|
|20||March 1, 2000||Lost|
|21||March 3, 2000 (TV Greed)||Found|
|22||March 6, 2000 (That ‘70s Greed Part 1)||Lost|
|23||March 7, 2000 (That ‘70s Greed Part 2)||Lost|
|24||March 10, 2000||Lost|
|25||March 17, 2000||Partially Found|
|26||March 24, 2000||Lost|
|27||March 31, 2000||Found|
|28||April 7, 2000||Found|
|29||April 14, 2000||Found|
|30||April 21, 2000||Lost|
|31||April 25, 2000||Lost|
|32||April 28, 2000 (Super Greed)||Found|
|33||May 2, 2000 (Super Greed)||Found|
|34||May 5, 2000 (Super Greed) (1 | 2 | 3)||Partially Found|
|35||May 12, 2000 (Super Greed) (1 | 2)||Partially Found|
|36||May 19, 2000 (Super Greed)||Lost|
|37||May 26, 2000 (College Greed)||Found|
|38||June 2, 2000||Lost|
|39||June 9, 2000||Lost|
|40||June 16, 2000||Lost|
|41||June 23, 2000||Lost|
|42||June 30, 2000||Lost|
|43||July 7, 2000||Partially Found|
|44||July 14, 2000||Lost|
Despite Greed not being as successful as initially hoped, it did inspire numerous international spin-offs. Where the international versions differ from the U.S. version of Greed is that all international versions were made by the British production company Fremantle.
- Ya Qatel ya Maqtoul (Arabic يا قاتل يا مقتول) aired in Lebanon on LBC in 2002.
- Codicia aired in Argentina on the El Trece in 2001.
- Mission 1 million aired in France on M6 network from November 27, 2000, until December 8, 2000.
- Ca$h—Das eine Million Mark-Quiz aired in Germany on the ZDF network from November 2000 until April 2001.
- Gr€€d aired in Italy on the Raidue channel from September 18, 2000, until April 6, 2001.
- A Febre do Dinheiro aired in Portugal on the SIC network.
- Алчность aired in Russia on NTV from September 10, 2001, until April 30, 2002.
- Aslan Payı aired in Turkey on aTV in 2000.
- Gr££d aired in the United Kingdom on Channel 5 from May 18, 2001, until June 5, 2001.
- La fiebre del dinero aired in Venezuela on Venevision in 2001.
- Fan site that accounts all the episodes Retrieved 06 May '20
- Article about Fox launching Greed Retrieved 4 Jun '20
- Article on Ya Qatel ya Maqtoul Retrieved 4 Jun '20
- A pdf about Codicia Retrieved 4 Jun '20
- article on Mission 1 million Retrieved 4 Jun '20
- IMDB Ca$h-Das wine Million Mark-Quiz Retrieved 4 Jun '20
- An article on Gr€€d Retrieved 4 Jun '20
- An article A Febre do Dinheiro Retrieved 4 Jun '20
- an article on Алчность Retrieved 4 Jun '20
- Article on Aslan Payı Retrieved 4 Jun '20
- article on Gr££d Retrieved 4 Jun '20
- article on La fiebre del dinero Retrieved 4 Jun '20