It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD World (lost sequel to 1963 comedy film; 2007)
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD World is an announced sequel to the 1963 comedy film It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Worldby Stanley Kramer.
The film was announced in January of 2007 and was to be produced by Ed Bass and Karen Sharpe Kramer (Stanley Kramer's wife). The film was originally planned by Ed Bass and Stanley Kramer in 1991, but Kramer became ill and they had to pause it. Kramer would die in 2001.
The plot would center around the descendants of the characters in the first film, who after finding out the original Smiler-Grogan money was counterfeit, race across the country to try and find the real money.
From the current information, no director was attached to the project. The movie was set to have an even bigger cast, be financed independently, and have cameos from the actors in the original film (almost all of whom have since died, but would have had Johnathan Winters, Mickey Rooney, Sid Caesar, among others). George Barris (designer of famous cars such as KITT and the Batmobile) was set to design cars.
It is possible the film was announced, but never fully into production or greenlit. Which means there is a chance that nothing was ever made.
- ↑ Cinemablend's coverage of it.Retrieved 5 May '23
- ↑ Hollywood Reporter article on the announcement. Retrieved 5 May '23
- ↑ Ed Bass's official website on the matter (from archive.org).Retrieved 5 May '23
- ↑ Dark Horizons coverage (from archive.org).Retrieved 5 May '23
- ↑ Excerpt of Hollywood Reporter ArticleRetrieved 5 May '23