Lamborghini (found build of cancelled Xbox racing game; 2003)
Title screen for Lamborghini.
Status: Found (Xbox), Existence Unconfirmed (PlayStation 2)
Date found: 14 May 2022 (Xbox)
Found by: FROZN (Xbox)
Lamborghini was a cancelled racing video game that was developed by Rage Software and would have been published by Majesco Entertainment.
A playable demo of the game was included in German/UK issues of the Official Xbox Magazine. The main reason for the cancellation was Rage Software's bankruptcy in January 2003. The game's assets were eventually sold and reused for the racing game Juiced, developed by Juice Games (which was founded by ex-Rage Software employees).
As the title implies, the game would have exclusively featured Lamborghini cars, such as the Countach and the Murciélago. The tracks seem to revolve around urban environments in real locations. It would also have included a wide variety of game modes.
In 2007, the demo of the game was posted on the site digiex.net. On May 14th, 2022, on the Obscure Gamers forums, user FROZN announced that they were able to track down an anonymous play tester for Lamborghini, who still had a debug disc for the Xbox version of the game. They later uploaded the build to Archive.org.
- GameSpot article on Rage Software's bankruptcy. Retrieved 19 Dec '21
- Unseen64's article on Lamborghini. Retrieved 21 Oct '17
- Sixthgengaming thread on the game. Retrieved 21 Oct '17
- Download link to original demo. Retrieved 29 Jan '23
- Obscure Gamers forum announcing the find. Retrieved 14 May '22
- Lamborghini for Xbox on Archive.org Retrieved 14 May '22