Rockman.EXE (partially found Singaporean English dub of anime series; 2005)
Rockman.EXE is an anime series based on the Rockman video game franchise by Capcom. The show was produced by Xebec and aired for 56 episodes on TV Tokyo between March 2002 and March 2003. It spawned follow-up seasons and a theatrical film. In North America, Viz Media licensed the series and funded an English dub of the first two seasons by the Vancouver-based Ocean Productions under the name Mega Man NT Warrior between 2003 and 2005.
A separate English dub was created for the Asian market. Produced in Singapore by Voiceovers Unlimited, the series debuted locally on Kids Central in September of 2005 and on an unknown Malaysian channel. It starred Chio Su-Ping, Christian J. Lee, Jamie Meldrum, and Denise Tan. It's not known how many episodes were produced.
The series was allegedly released on VCD, including in Malaysia by PMP Entertainment.[Notes 1] However, these releases have long gone out of print and are not easy to obtain. No footage of this dub is available online.
On July 3rd, 2019, Twitter user MidniteW posted a tweet saying that he had obtained episodes 1-29 of the series in the Singaporean English dub. MidniteW then tweeted out clips from some of the episodes.
On August 29th, 2019, Twitter user ApolloDubArchive posted a tweet saying that they are now in possession of episodes 30-56 of the series.
- Chio Su-Ping - Netto Hikari, Rockman
- Jamie Meldrum - Dekao, Masa, Commander Beef, Dr. Wily, Gutsman, Mr. Higure, Numberman
- Denise Tan - Meiru, Roll
- Yes-Asia's listing for the first Malaysian VCD set claims it contains both English and Mandarin voice tracks. However, for the second set they list the audio options as Japanese and Mandarin. PMP Entertainment's website has a listing for the second VCD release, which states it has Korean and Mandarin voice tracks.
- A thread on the Mega Man Wikia about the possibility of another English dub. Retrieved 20 Nov '17
- Rockman.EXE Zone article on episodes 1-29 of the Singaporean English dub being uncovered. Retrieved 01 Sept '19
- A forum post about the Singaporean English dub. Retrieved 20 Nov '17
- Archived Kids Central page with the Rockman.EXE image. Retrieved 20 Nov '17
- A guide of the Singaporean dub of One Piece! Retrieved 20 Nov '17
- Singapore dub credits to the show. Retrieved 20 Nov '17
- Tweet confirming that MidniteW is in possession of episodes 1-29. Retrieved 31 Aug '19
- Clip from one of the dubbed episodes (1/3). Retrieved 01 Sept '19
- Clip from one of the dubbed episodes (2/3). Retrieved 01 Sept '19
- Clip from one of the dubbed episodes (3/3). Retrieved 01 Sept '19
- Tweet confirming that ApolloDubArchive does have episodes 30-56. Retrieved 01 Sept '19