Zeus: Carnage Heart Second (found PC simulation game; 1999)
The game takes place in the future where conflicts are fought with hi-tech war machines. These robots are named Overkill Engines (OKEs). The player cannot directly control them in-game but has to buy components and program their behavior for various battle conditions.
Players can also purchase, research, or upgrade new equipment, parts, and the robots themselves in order to use them for an extended amount of time.
The basic system is the same as the previous Zeus games, but it has made significant improvements such as enhancing the graphical aspect, improving operability, new aircraft and logic program.
The PC version had a function to exchange OKE data via Internet mail. Apart from the fact that a scenario was seemingly also added, it is a direct port of the PlayStation version.
- Windows 95/98
- CPU 266 MHz or more required (400 MHz or more is recommended)
- Memory 32 MB or more required
- HD free space 50 MB or more
- Graphics 640 × 480 High colors (16-bit color) or more required (800 × 600 high color (16-bit color) recommended)
- Sound PCM sound source
- Media CD-ROM drive with 4 × speed or more
- Input device keyboard
The game was considered extremely rare (most probably due to low production numbers and/or bad sales) and despite being listed on Amazon Japan, and having a still-functional official game page, a copy of it was not found for many years.
On September 8th, 2019, user FelixFerret of the Lost Media Wiki Discord channel posted a link of the game, which they say was originally posted by user i1150503 at the Legends World gaming forum.
- Amazon Japan game page that has a listing for Zeus: Carnage Heart Second. Retrieved 17 Sept '17
- Official website for the game. Retrieved 17 Sept '17
- MEGA link that contains Zeus: Carnage Heart Second. Retrieved 10 Sept '19