Cyborg Kuro-chan "Episode 66" (found episode of anime series; early 2000s)
Cyborg Kuro-chan was an anime that ran from October 2nd, 1999, to January 6th, 2001 in Japan. There was a total of 66 episodes created, though "Episode 66" (the final episode that was produced) was never seen outside of Japan. The plot of the episode revolves around Princess Mimi shrinking Kuro's friend Nana & holding her captive. She forces Kuro to take her shopping, threatening to crush Nana if he disobeys. Things go well until Kuro meets his friend/rival Matatabi and the two get into a destructive battle.
The episode aired on January 6th, 2001 & had never been seen since. The show has never been released on DVD or Blu-ray due to licensing issues, as the producers of the show went bankrupt during its production. The companies (Studio Bogey and Public & Basic) closed in December 2000 and since 66 aired after their closure it's possible that only the Japanese distributors (Kodansha & TV Aichi) have copies of the episode. The episode was never seen again, until April 2nd, 2016 when the Japanese anime channel AT-X aired the episode. A day later, the episode was uploaded to YouTube. The upload has since been taken down.
On December 15th, 2016, a Japanese kids-oriented YouTube channel called "キッズボンボン for Children" uploaded the entire series, including "Episode 66". The channel is linked to Kodansha who owns the rights to Cyborg Kuro-chan in Japan. The uploads were a limited-time promotion & are all private now.
The "キッズボンボン for Children" episodes (as well as "66") was later mirrored to Internet Archive. "Episode 66" can be seen below.
On February 17th, 2018, a YouTube channel called Mondo TV (who are the show's distributors in Europe), uploaded the series to "MONDO WORLD ASIA/JP CN KR". "Episode 66" was not included in the series playlist on that channel. The next time promo for "Episode 66" remains at the end of the 65th episode.
Episode[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Cyborg Kuro-chan "Episodes 61-64" (found original Japanese audio of anime series episodes; 2000)
- Cyborg Kuro-chan (partially found Malaysian English dub of anime series; early 2000s)
- Cyborg Kuro-chan (lost production material of cancelled/unaired episodes of anime series; 2001)
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Another place to view the episode.
- Download link for a raw AT-X recording of the episode.
- Google Drive download links for various recordings & versions of Episode 66.
- Archive.org page containing all the episodes of Cyborg Kuro-chan, mirrored from the "キッズボンボン for Children" YouTube channel.
- The list of episodes & metadata archived from "キッズボンボン for Children". File names are messed up due to the system not rendering Japanese characters properly.