What A Cartoon! (found Cartoon Network animated anthology series; 1995-1997)
The What A Cartoon! Show was an animation showcase series created by Fred Seibert which aired on Cartoon Network. The series aired its first short, "The Powerpuff Girls in Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins" on February 20, 1995 as a "World Premiere Toon". During the original run of the shorts, the series was re-titled from "World Premiere Toons" to "The What A Cartoon! Show" and later to "The Cartoon Cartoon Show", this time with no What A Cartoon! intro and a new theme. These versions of the shorts were broadcast for a period in the early 2000's as a part of the Cartoon Cartoon Show block and on Boomerang for a while in the summer of 2007. They are currently the most prevalent versions of the shorts online today. The project ultimately brought six original winning series to the network, including The Powerpuff Girls, Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Laboratory, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Despite massive popularity at the time and bringing the struggling network out of its minor financial depravities, it never had any video releases of any kind (besides a few shorts being featured as "bonus toons" on select Cartoon Network VHS tapes). As a result, several of the short's variants can't be found physically or online.
The missing versions of the shorts are the original "What A Cartoon!" variants, which have an extended intro where a character from the episode says the title (What A Cartoon), followed by rock music (the rock music also played during the credits).
Of the missing variants, the following have been found either partially or in full:
- Dexter's Laboratory "The Big Sister"
- Boid N' Woim (Incomplete; Dubbed in Spanish)
- Buy One, Get One Free (Incomplete)
- Podunk Possum in "One Step Beyond (Incomplete (credits only); "Full" video can be found at the beginning of this video)
- Johnny Bravo (Very low quality; Not "The Amazon Women", but it does feature the WaC opening and credits)
- The Zoonatiks in "Home Sweet Home" (Incomplete)
- Pfish and Chip (Not "Blammo the Clown, but it does feature the WaC opening and credits)
- Hard Luck Duck (Incomplete)
- Sledgehammer O' Possum in "Out and About" (Not "What's Goin' On Back There", but it does feature the WaC opening and credits)
The ones below are still completely missing as of 2016:
- Wind Up Wolf
- Awfully Lucky
- Johnny Bravo in "The Amazon Women"
- Snoot's New Squat
- Pfish and Chip in "Blammo the Clown"
- Sledgehammer O' Possum in "What's Goin' On Back There"