Black Rock Shooter: The Game 2 (lost production materials for cancelled action-role playing game sequel; 2010s)
Black Rock Shooter: The Game is an action role-playing game that was developed by Imageepoch and is based off the Black Rock Shooter media franchise created by Huke. The game was released in Japan for the PlayStation Portable on August 25th, 2011, with an American release, published by NIS America, coming out on April 23rd, 2013, with a European release on April 24th of the same year.
A sequel was planned to be in development. Little is known about the sequel's development, as it was never announced and was quietly cancelled behind closed doors. The only evidence of the Black Rock Shooter: The Game sequel is concept art that was released onto Huke's Instagram account, Another blurry piece of concept art, featuring an unknown character, was posted onto Huke's Twitter account. Higher quality versions of these pieces of concept art can be seen on Huke's Pixiv Fanbox. The description of the first piece of concept art on Instagram states that the game was in development, but was then cancelled due to various reasons. However, the reasons for the sequel's cancellation were never revealed by Huke. No other development information, production material, or builds for the sequel have ever surfaced online.
- Concept art for the sequel on Huke's Instagram. The description of the post roughly translates to "A sequel to a certain game whose development was canceled due to various reasons." Retrieved 17 Sep '21
- Another piece of concept art for the sequel on Huke's Instagram. Retrieved 17 Sep '21
- The last piece of concept art for the sequel on Huke's Instagram. Retrieved 17 Sep '21
- Blurry piece of concept art featuring an unknown character. The description roughly translates to "Check out huke's sequel to BRS the GAME, Are 2, on pixivFANBOX!" Retrieved 17 Sep '21
- Higher quality piece of concept art for the sequel on Huke's Pixiv Fanbox. Retrieved 17 Sep '21