& (lost unreleased music video for Tally Hall song; 2011)
"&" (read as "and") is a song by alternative rock band Tally Hall and was released on their second studio album, Good & Evil. To help promote the album, "&" was supposed to receive a music video but it was never released.
Like many other musicians, Tally Hall produced music videos for some of their songs to help promote their latest album release. 7 music videos were produced to promote Tally Hall's first studio album, Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, but the planned releases for their second studio album, Good & Evil, were scaled back. The band had only planned two music videos for songs from the album, the first one being "Turn the Lights Off" which was released on the band's official YouTube on October 18th, 2011, and "&" which was canceled mid-production only a few days later on the 21st due to financial issues. These financial issues were likely due to Tally Hall parting ways with Atlantic Records in between the releases of the two albums, with the band deciding to produce Good & Evil independent of any record label, which had the adverse side effect of leaving them with much less money for music videos.
The "&" music video was directed by Steve Loter, who had previously directed the music video for the band's song "Hidden In The Sand". The video was partially filmed by unofficial 6th Tally Hall member, Bora Karaca, with a rough cut of the video also being edited by him, although the group found this rough cut unsatisfactory. It would have incorporated fan submitted art of ampersands, with 137 of them being posted to band's Facebook page after the video's cancellation.
The rough cut of music video has never been officially released and it's unknown if it ever will be considering that fact that Tally Hall seemingly doesn't exist as a band anymore.
- The Facebook gallery of the fan submitted ampersands
- "&" on the Tally Hallmanac: The Ultimate Tally Hall Wiki
- Tally Hall - Turn The Lights Off on YouTube. Retrieved 14 Apr '23.
- The “&” Music Video, by HSRT and Fans Like You by Coz from Hidden in the Sand. Retrieved 14 Apr '23.
- Interview: Tally Hall from My Car and My Guitar. Retrieved 14 Apr '23.
- Keep Up The Good Work Special Edition: Steve Loter and Rob Cantor discuss The Ghost and Molly McGee on YouTube. Retrieved 14 Apr '23.
- & NEWS! NEW NEWS! TALLY HALLOWEEN! by Tally Hall on Facebook. Retrieved 14 Apr '23.