2015 notice board posts (pre-move)
The unaired "Abstinence" episode of Adult Swim's Moral Orel was released yesterday!
Big thanks to David Tuber (who worked on the episode) for putting it up on his squirreld7 YouTube account for all to see!
Well, these past few days have brought with them some pretty amazing discoveries, so, let's jump right in:
- A rough cut of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Boston" has been found! Believe it or not, this one was uploaded to YouTube all the way back in January (on the 31st to be specific, the 8th anniversary of the 2007 Boston bomb scare) by user ATHF NeverForget. HUGE thanks to ATHF NeverForget for bringing this gem to light, part of me honestly thought it'd never surface! ATHF NeverForget's original upload has since been removed on copyright claim, though several mirrors (both direct and indirect) have since shown up.
- The Sound Factory/Sound Fantasy prototype SNES ROM has been dumped and released! Big thanks to both the original dumper and to KiiroBomber, who is responsible for bringing the ROM to the public! A download link can be found here.
- Copies of the Harmony Gold dubbed Dragon Ball movies "Curse of the Blood Rubies" and "Mystical Adventure" have been found! Thanks to MySpleen regular retroccn for once again providing more pieces of lost media to the wanting public! MEGA/streaming mirrors coming soon...
Thanks once again to all you wonderful, generous people for bringing these relics to light!
On one final note today, we recently hit 1,000 YouTube subscribers; I've since randomly drawn 3 names for the t-shirt giveaway...
And the winners are *drumroll*:
Congratulations guys; I'll soon be contacting you all directly with instructions on how to claim your prize!
What's up guys? dycaite here (that's right, I'm not dead!) and today I've got a late notice board post for you, since some pretty awesome stuff has been found in the past few months:
- FFshrine user blonde180246 has managed to isolate the elusive track "2 Ft. O' Buttcrack" directly from the film Dumb and Dumber! While some rogue sound effects remain, blonde180246 has done a marvellous editing job and, for the first time, the bulk of the lyrics can be clearly made out. Thanks blonde180246!
NOTE: blonde180246's original YouTube upload has since been removed and as such has been replaced with an archive.org mirror above.
- The Stretch Films 'banana' variant logo has been found! Although it's been filmed off a TV screen, it's still pretty cool that it has turned up. Thanks to YouTuber Mrjimmiemilesify Jimmiemiles for providing the clip.
- An in-studio recording of another track from Deftones' Eros has surfaced! The instrumental track is speculated (though unconfirmed) to be "Dallas"; the 2:35 video was originally uploaded to YouTube by JG Productions, though was quickly set to private (although multiple mirrors of the video has since shown up, such as the one above).
- [[Apples and BREAKS (found episode of JonTron YouTube series; 2011)|JonTron's deleted rarity "Apples and BREAKS"]} has been found! A YouTuber by the name ficha13 was lucky enough to have burnt a copy of the episode to DVD several years ago and has recently provided it for all to see; thanks ficha13!
- The Columbia Pictures "Cokeburst" logo (often touted as the holy grail of closing logos) has been found! CLG Wiki user Supermarty-o discovered that the logo was present at the end of a 'making-of' featurette found on a Hong Kong Blu-Ray release of 1977's The Deep; it has since found its way to YouTube for the masses to see. Cheers, Supermarty-o!
- The Kablam "Henry and June Show" pilot has been found! Big thanks go to YouTuber and LMW contributor SetnaroX for following through with the episode's upload, it's much appreciated!
Well, I think that's everything, though if I've missed something, please let me know.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to clear up some confusion, since people ask me about this a lot: yes, I am still actively working on the Lost Media Wiki, although, primarily, said work has gone towards the new site (the URL of which I'm not exactly allowed to post here, but which I'm sure you could easily find) and that is why I have been so absent here on Wikia. To reiterate, the new site is not ready to be opened for user registrations, as some old articles still need moving over; I anticipate that this process (plus a few other minor things that need tweaking), will take at least a couple more months, after which time it will be officially opened. On one final note, if you haven't yet checked out this audio message of mine from November of last year, I suggest taking a listen; it explains, pretty much, what the current situation is.
That's all for now, thanks guys!