Aero-Cross (partially lost build of cancelled Namco Generations game; 2010-2012)
The game's logo and artwork, showing its playable characters.
Status: Found (Xbox 360 version)
Partially Found (PS3 version)
Date found: 19 Jul 2016 (Xbox 360 version)
Found by: begallegal1
Aero-Cross was a planned video game developed and published by Bandai Namco Games under their Namco Generations label. Conceived as a spiritual sequel to Namco’s 1985 arcade game Metro-Cross, the game was planned to be released sometime between 2011 and 2012. However, it was cancelled late in its development.
Aero-Cross was formally announced in November of 2010, as the third title of the Namco Generations series, followed by the critically acclaimed Pac-Man Championship Edition DX and Galaga Legions DX. The game was planned to be released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 through their respective digital storefronts.
After the announcement, no updates were given for well over a year, until December 2012, where Aero-Cross was officially cancelled for undisclosed reasons, followed by the cancellation of a remake of another arcade game by Namco, Dancing Eyes. The cancellation of both games led to the discontinuation of the Namco Generations label. Several media outlets lamented the cancellation of the game.
In June of 2016, AssemblerGames.org forum user begallegal1 announced that a build of Aero-Cross for the Xbox 360 was found in a development kit. The build was dated November 26th, 2010.
On April 22nd, 2020, LostMediaWiki user Ganonthegreat uploaded a demo of the PlayStation 3 version, titled Aero-Cross Trial, onto the Internet Archive, which was found in a PS3 demo disc distributed by the PlayStation Official Magazine UK.
- Wikipedia page for Aero-Cross. Retrieved 21 May '20
- ↑ Kotaku's article about the announcement of Aero-Cross. Retrieved 21 May '20
- ↑ Eurogamer's article about the announcement of Aero-Cross. Retrieved 21 May '20
- ↑ Destructoid's article about Aero-Cross' cancellation. Retrieved 21 May '20
- ↑ Siliconera's article about Aero-Cross' cancellation and the discontinuation of the Namco Generations brand. Retrieved 21 May '20
- ↑ AssemblerGames's forum thread about the leaked Xbox 360 build of the game. Retrieved 21 May '20
- ↑ Download page of Aero-Cross Trial. Retrieved 21 May '20