Agent Crush (found puppet spy film; 2008)
Agent Crush is a 2008 marionette film directed by Sean Robinson. It stars Brian Blessed, Neve Campbell, and Brian Cox. It is inspired by the 1965 British series Thunderbirds by Gerry Anderson, even having former designer Mike Trim work on the movie.
Initially intended for a 2008 release, even having a trailer uploaded online, the movie was indefinitely delayed for unknown reasons. The official website for the film later disappeared; however, its production company Fantastic Films still had information pertaining to the movie on their website, confirming that the movie was finished.
In a blog post from WordPress user Mikecanex, director Sean Robinson commented that Agent Crush was a great experience for him and that he was trying as hard as he could to get it released. In the same blog post, Clive Banks, who claimed to be an investor for the movie, said that the movie was poorly managed and that Robinson "eventually sold the investors down the river by taking expensive loan financing rather than engaging properly with shareholders". He went on to state that the movie has been newly incorporated into the Company's house. Banks' identity has not been confirmed.
For over a decade, the only available content from the film was its trailer and three songs from the soundtrack. After years of effort from the director to release it, it was finally made available on Amazon Prime Video sometime in 2019.
- A blog on the art of Mike Trim, briefly detailing his involvement in Agent Crush. Retrieved 25 Aug '13
- Fantastic Films' new titles page, featuring information on the film. Retrieved 25 Aug '13
- 2011 online post about the film in which director Sean Robinson, in 2013, commented several times. Retrieved 25 Aug '13
- A page on composer Michael Price's website about the film. Retrieved 01 May '18
- Amazon Prime Video listing for the film. Retrieved 12 Mar '20