Calimero (partially lost original Japanese version of anime series, 1992-1993)
Calimero (カリメロ Karimero?) is is a cartoon about a little black chicken with a half-eggshell hat.
The character has had multiple animated adaptations in Italy, France, and Japan. The second Japanese adaptation was made by Toei Animation, and consists of 52 episodes, which aired on TV Tokyo from October 15th, 1992 to December 31st, 1993.
Availability[edit | edit source]
The European dubs of this series are easily found online, but the original Japanese version is harder to find. There were 12 VHS releases with 3 episodes each which contained episodes 1-36, as well as 5 extra releases that each contained one episode previously released on VHS. Currently episodes 1-33 are available in Japanese. The VHS containing 34-36 has not been located yet and episodes 37-52 were never released on VHS. The episodes that are missing in Japanese are available dubbed in Italian on YouTube (albeit with a mirrored video).
Episodes[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Calimero (partially found English dub of Italian animated series; 1970-1972)
- Calimero (partially found English dubs of Italian-Japanese animated series; 1974-2009)
- Calimero (partially found original Japanese version of anime series; 1974-1975)
- Calimero (partially lost English dub of French-Italian-Japanese CGI animated series, 2014-2016)
References[edit | edit source]
- Crump, William D. (2019). Happy Holidays—Animated! A Worldwide Encyclopedia of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and New Year's Cartoons on Television and Film. McFarland & Co. p. 38. ISBN 9781476672939.