Global Commander/The Armageddon Man (lost DOS port of real-time strategy game; 1987-1988)
Global Commander (also known as The Armageddon Man in Europe) is a real-time single-player strategy developed by Martech in 1987 for the Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum and DOS.
Computer Gaming World wrote a review about the game and referenced the IBM PC in its magazine in the year 1988. Thelegacy.de also references the MS-DOS port of the game, however, they state this game was not published.
All that is on the internet for the MS-DOS port of the game is assorted screenshots taken from in-game.
References to DOS Port
- The Wikipedia page for Computer Gaming World. Retrieved 24 Nov '13.
- The Wikipedia page for Global Commander. Retrieved 20 Jun '17
- The CGWmuseum section on "Modern Games" from 1950-2000 that includes Global Commander. Retrieved 20 Jun '17
- "Global Commander" A PDF File containing images from GLobal Commander that references the DOS port. Retrieved 23 Apr '16.
- Thelegacy.de page on The Armageddon Man, which contains information about the MS-DOS port. Retrieved 20 Jun '17