Jetsons: The Movie (lost Janet Waldo vocal performance of animated film; 1988-1990)
In 1988, Hanna-Barbera started production on a feature film adaptation of their animated series The Jetsons, Jetsons: The Movie. The original cast was hired to reprise their roles, save for the then-recently deceased Daws Butler (who had voiced Elroy).
However, at a later point during production, Universal Studios executives and the manager of the pop star Tiffany (who had contributed three songs to the soundtrack) mandated that the part of Judy Jetson be recast, as it would help promote Tiffany's career and attract younger audiences.
Janet Waldo was unceremoniously let go from the film, and all the lines she recorded as Judy were then re-recorded by Tiffany.
Janet Waldo was upset by this turn of events, as was the casting director Andrea Romano. The latter of the two had even asked to be left uncredited for the film due to worry of receiving blame for the decision.
The film was to originally be released in December 1989 but was delayed to 1990 to avoid competition with other movies. It was a box office flop, and the performance of Tiffany as Judy Jetson became widely criticized.
It is unknown if Janet Waldo's vocal track for the film had survived to any degree, or if it was immediately wiped or lost over time.
- Jetsons: The Movie "Gotcha" (partially found full version of song from Hanna-Barbera animated film; 1990)
- Boss Cat (found British opening and ending titles of "Top Cat" animated series; 1962-1989)
- CBS Storybreak "What Happened in Hamelin" (lost episode from animated series; 1987)
- Dastardly & Muttley - Operation: Pigeon Pursuit (lost build of unreleased PlayStation 2 video game; 2007-2008)
- Fender Bender 500 (partially found episodes of "Wacky Races" reboot animated series; 1990s)
- Jokebook (partially found Hanna-Barbera animated series; 1982)
- Midnight Patrol: Adventures in the Dream Zone (partially found episodes of syndicated animated series; 1990)
- Return of the Bunjee (lost ABC Weekend special; 1985)
- Rock Odyssey (partially lost Hanna-Barbera animated film; 1987)
- Showbiz Pizza's Yogi Bear and Boo Boo Showtape (found animatronic audio showtape; 1987)
- The Banana Splits Adventure Hour (partially found Hanna Barbera live action-animated TV series; 1968-1969)
- The Flintstones (cancelled Seth MacFarlane reboot of animated series; 2013)
- The Flintstones Movie (partially found Sega Channel exclusive build of 2D movie tie-in platformer; 1995)
- The Funny World of Fred and Bunni (partially found live-action/animated variety show pilot; 1978)
- The Hanna-Barbera Happy Hour (partially found NBC comedy variety show; 1978)
- The Moxy Show (partially found episodes of CGI anthology series; 1993-2000)
- The New Teen Titans "Just Say No!" (partially lost Hanna-Barbera anti-drug animated PSA; 1983)
- The Ruff and Reddy Show (found episodes of NBC Hanna-Barbera animated series; 1957-1960)
- The Snorks (partially found unaired pilot of Hanna-Barbera animated TV series; 1982)
- An article from the Orlando Sentinel about Waldo's layoff from the film. Retrieved 07 Oct '19
- The film's listing on Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 07 Oct '19