Shop Erotic! (lost episodes of adult-toy program; 2006-2010)
Shop Erotic! was a late-night adult toy home shopping show that aired on Oxygen from 2006 to 2010. The show would air its episodes on a weekly basis from 11:00 pm - 12:00 am and would mostly feature two hosts that were formerly from Playboy TV, Miyoko Fujimori-Rifkin and Andrea Lowell throughout the rest of 2007-2010.
History and Background[edit | edit source]
Shop Erotic! was officially launched in February 2006 by the owner Mitchell Cohen, as he filed the Shop Erotic! trademark heart-shaped logo along with other paperwork detailing more information, in regards to the company and show. The website was also launched around the same month along with their TV program that would get picked up by Oxygen during mid-2006 after airing on Dish Network for a couple of months.
Around the time of the program's launch, the people who were in charge of the Shop Erotic! operations would hire former Playboy TV host Miyoko Fujimori-Rifkin and radio host Tiffany Granath. This would last for the first few episodes until they decided to replace Tiffany with another host, before officially replacing her with another Playboy TV alumni Andrea Lowell throughout the rest of the program's episodes.
All of the episodes that aired were an hour-long, and also aired on their old Shop Erotic! website in the "Live TV" section. The show would document and promote some of the adult toy products that were featured on Shop Erotic!'s website, as an alternative to the Adam and Eve adult-toy website.
Unfortunately, all episodes from that timeframe have not surfaced. It was late determined that the number was constantly prank-called by viewers who were watching the episodes, and this happened to be true when there were videos online on YouTube, when some people would prank call the place. This would be the only remaining footage from the Miyoko/Andrea era of Shop Erotic! available, and that also includes their old website as well via Internet Archive, which does not have any more information regarding the products.
Availability[edit | edit source]
In February 2021, it was discovered that a blogger captured some high-quality pictures from a November 2008 episode, in which Miyoko and Andrea discuss certain products that included a red Jackrabbit vibrator. But sadly, the person who made the blog did not provide the entire episode. Adding to this, the website had a collection of clips and episodes from the previous years, but unfortunately, those episodes/clips were not archived and were in MOV files.
On June 28th, 2021, a YouTube video was surfaced from one of the Shop Erotic! episodes that showed an adult toy known as "Aria's Pleaser". This is the first known high-quality video clip from the program that has been surfaced online.
Cancellation[edit | edit source]
Only a year after Shop Erotic! aired on Oxygen, on September 12th, 2008, the company got into a lawsuit regarding a unknown complaint that could have been related in regards to the content that they were airing. The lawsuit lasted until May 2010, and in August of that same year, Miyoko stopped hosting the show after she stepped down from her role as the main host. The show would rebrand itself with a new logo, and continued the program with Andrea and a new main host, before being cancelled sometime in 2013.  3 years later, they would host a temporary show that was known as Play With Me TV, which only had 3 videos on Miyoko's YouTube channel.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Just turned on "Shop Erotic" - DirecTV forum Retrieved 19 Jan '21
- Shop Erotic - YouTube Retrieved 19 Jan '21
- Shop Erotic Prank Call - YouTube Retrieved 19 Jan '21
- Shop Erotic "The Tongue" - YouTube Retrieved 19 Jan '21
- late night tv 2 - YouTube *NOT SUITABLE OF ALL AGES* Retrieved 29 Jan '21
- late night tv 1 - YouTube *NOT SUITABLE OF ALL AGES* Retrieved 29 Jan '21
- High Tech Sex Toys - Play With Me TV Retrieved 2 Feb '21
- Sex toy Recap 2 from Play With Me TV Retrieved 2 Feb '21
- Increase intimacy through AcroYoga and Inverted Play! Retrieved 2 Feb '21
References[edit | edit source]
- Dildo shopping network? - Quarter to Three Forum Retrieved 3 Feb '21
- Have you ever watched Shop Erotic on the Oxygen Channel? - Yahoo Answers Retrieved 3 Feb '21
- Shop Erotic TV's website from February 2006. Retrieved 18 Jun '21
- A housewive's guide to practical striptease - ABC7 article on Miyoko, which mentions Shop Erotic!. Retrieved 19 Jan '21
- SHOP EROTIC! - Trademark Details Retrieved 2 Feb '21
- Shop Erotic TV's website from July 2006 Retrieved 18 Jun '21
- Shop Erotic's Website from 2008 - Internet Archive Retrieved 3 Feb '21
- Late night USA cable TV - you have to check out "shop erotic!" just once if you get the Oxygen channel Retrieved 3 Feb '21
- Shop Erotic Website - Clips/Episodes with no archived links to it Retrieved 4 Feb '21
- 49-Second clip of a Shop Erotic episode Retrieved 28 Jun '21
- Shop Erotic - Informative Clips (2006) Retrieved 17 Aug '21
- Shop Erotic's website from July 2006. Retrieved 17 Aug '21
- Miyoko Fujimori-Rifkin's Linkedin page - Includes her role at Shop Erotic! Retrieved 2 Feb '21
- Shop Erotic Tv, Llc v. Jeff Rifkin, et al - Case No. SC101264 Retrieved 2 Feb '21