SpongeBob SquarePants Saves the Krusty Krab 3D (found Nick.com 3D Groove game; 2002)
Icon displayed on the Nick Arcade program before the game started.
Date found: 31 Mar 2015
Found by: Kobochat
SpongeBob SquarePants Saves the Krusty Krab 3D is a 2002 computer game, developed by 3D Groove for Nick.com.
The game was impossible to play until March 31st, 2015, when Lost Media Wiki contributor Kobochat leaked a functional, downloadable trial of the game, available here (you may leave this page upon clicking the link - otherwise, the download will open in a new tab/window.) Later, TOMYSSHADOW removed the trial time limit and made the game playable on modern Windows computers, available here.
The summary of the game reads:
"The evil Plankton has stolen all the Krusty Krab's Krabby Patties and littered them all over the ocean floor. Mr. Krabs is terrified. Can SpongeBob collect all the Krabby Patties before opening time and save the Krusty Krab? Probably."
There are 2 versions of this game, which used to both be available on Nick.com:
- Downloadable Version - Playable characters: SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward. There was a Family Mode and was full screen.
- Free Version - Playable character: SpongeBob, and unlimited play.
An archived webpage of instructions on how one would have been able to access the game is available here (you may leave this page upon clicking the link. Otherwise, the download will open in a new tab/window). Here are the instructions for accessing the downloadable, non-functioning executable file of the game:
- Click the "advergames" banner.
- Click "next" on "advergames".
- Click on "SpongeBob" in "advergames".
- Click on the picture of SpongeBob that appears with "Nick.com" logo.
- The non-functioning page should appear.
In the Full Version, you can play as Spongebob, Patrick, and Squidward. Each is programmed with quotes from the show from early seasons.
SpongeBob- Moves the slowest, and the most common quote is "I think you're a winner." when Time is Up, and "Ah! There's one now!" when close to a Jellyfish.
Patrick- Second fastest, the only known quote is a crying sound effect when Time is Up (lasts for about 2 seconds)
Squidward- Moves the fastest, and the most common quote played is "My vacation begins NOW!" which is programmed for when Time is Up.
- A Day With SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie (unproduced unauthorized direct-to-DVD mockumentary film; 2011)
- Astrology with Squidward (found series of "SpongeBob SquarePants" Nickelodeon animated shorts; early 2000s)
- SpongeBob Cartoon Creator (partially found original version of Flash game; 2008-2013)
- SpongeBob: Re-Hydrated (partially lost "SpongeBob SquarePants" animated short; 2003)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (partially lost deleted scenes of Nickelodeon animated series; 1999-present)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Ain't Life a Beach (partially found Nickelodeon press kit; 1999)
- SpongeBob SquarePants and the Nicktoons Gravjet Racing (lost build of cancelled Xbox Live Arcade racing game; 2009)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Happiness Squared (lost video game based on SpongeBob SquarePants; late 2000s)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "Sailor Mouth" (lost uncensored version of animated series episode; existence unconfirmed; 2001)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "Shanghaied/You Wish" (lost English audio from alternate "Patchy the Pirate" segments; 2001)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "SpaceBob InvaderPants/Krabs' Army" (unfinished episodes of Nickelodeon animated series; 2015)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam (found Xbox Live Arcade game; 2007)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "War Blowers" (found full version of animated series music; 1999)
- SpongeBob's Truth or Square (found Nick Arcade party game; 2009)
- SpongeBob Town (lost build of cancelled massively multiplayer online game based on Nickelodeon animated TV series; 2012)