The Chopped Liver Brothers (lost TV pilot; 1977)
The Chopped Liver Brothers was a television pilot for an unproduced ABC sitcom that aired on May 6th, 1977. The plot concerned two best friends, Jay and Tom, working white-collar jobs while simultaneously trying to break into stand-up comedy.
The pilot starred Jay Tarses and Tom Patchett, as Jay and Tom respectively. Gwynne Gilford also would have starred as Sally, Tom's wife. The pilot was directed by Hugh Wilson, who would go on to create WKRP in Cincinnati the following year, as well as direct several comedy films such as Police Academy.
General information about the pilot is rather scarce, though original publicity photos do crop up on eBay.
- Jay Tarses as Jay Luckman
- Tom Patchett as Tom Van Brocklin
- Gwynne Gilford as Sally Van Brocklin
- Philip Bruns as Mr. Ruth
- Robert Emhardt as Duffy
- Madeleine Fisher as Receptionist
- Michael Pataki as Kelso
- Rick Podell as Impressionist
- Donna Ponterotto as Michelle Rosen
- Philip Roth as Nathan Railoff
- A book on The Chopped Liver Brothers. Retrieved 24 May '19
- An archived newspaper from June 19th, 1977, that mentions the show's pilot. Retrieved 24 May '19