Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go (partially found pitch pilot of Canadian animated series; 2019)
All Engines Go is a Canadian animated series which is a reboot of the children's television show Thomas & Friends that aired from 1984-2020. The series has been airing on Cartoon Network (as part of Cartoonito) and Netflix since September 2021. It is animated by Nelvana and produced with Mattel Television. 104 11-minute episodes and two 60-minute specials across four seasons are currently planned for the series, with 20 2-minute-and-5-second shorts were released. Originally, the series was to be 2 series with 52 episodes each, but it was later expanded into four 2-part series with 52 episodes each for broadcast.
In 2020, Mattel announced that a reboot of the show Thomas & Friends 104 11-minute episodes and two 60-minute specials were greenlit for the Thomas & Friends television series over two seasons (this was later changed to 26 episodes over 4 seasons). Before the series had an official title, All Engines Go Series 1 and 2 were commonly referred to as Series 25 and 26 respectively and was carried over to some promotional material and marketing. This was later confirmed to be a separate series entirely by the series' head writer, Rick Suvalle.
In 2019, a pilot was produced to pitch to Mattel that featured vastly different designs to the final product, most notably the shape of the noses and smaller irises as well as different whistle designs. These clips were featured in a Cartoonito sizzle reel by mistake. It is unknown how Cartoonito got the footage, or if they have owned the pilot. It is most likely from Mattel and most likely won't be released officially. It was unknown who was in the test animation other than Thomas and Gordon, and the only known location in the pilot is Tidmouth Sheds. However, a full storyboard of the pilot was accidentally uploaded online and was later reposted onto YouTube.
Thomas & Friends
- Thomas & Friends: Day of the Diesels (lost original cut of direct-to-DVD film; existence unconfirmed; 2011)
- Thomas & Friends "Jack Jumps In" (found Alec Baldwin narration of British children's TV series episode; 2002)
- Thomas & Friends "Series 7" (partially found original music of British children's TV series American dub; mid-2000s)
- Thomas & Friends "Series 12" (partially found Pierce Brosnan narrations of British children's animated series; 2008)
Thomas the Tank Engine
- Thomas the Tank Engine (lost pilot episode of unproduced 2D animated adaptation of "The Railway Series" books; 1976)
- Thomas the Tank Engine "Down the Mine" (partially found pitch pilot version of British children's TV series episode; 1983)
- Thomas the Tank Engine "The Missing Coach" (partially found footage from cancelled British children's TV series episode; 1986)
- Thomas the Tank Engine "Season 3" (found original Michael Angelis narrations of British children's TV series episodes; 1991)
- Thomas the Tank Engine "Season 4" (found pre-recorded version of British children's TV series episodes; 1994)
- Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends (partially lost deleted scenes of British children's TV series; 1984-2021)
- The Adventures of Thomas (partially found production material of cancelled "Thomas the Tank Engine" live-action film; early-mid 2010s)
- Barry the Rescue Engine (lost production material of cancelled "The Railway Series" book; 1980s)
- Jack and the Sodor Construction Company (partially lost episodes and production material of cancelled spin-off series; 2002)
- Storytime with Thomas (partially found Fox Family series; 1999-2000)
- The Thomas & Friends Institute of Innovation (partially found informational short film; 2013-2014)
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad (found deleted scenes of children's fantasy adventure film; 2000)
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad (lost test footage of 3.5" character models for British children's TV series; 1995)
- Thomas and the U.K. Trip & Thomas Number 1 (found Japanese "Thomas the Tank Engine" crossover TV special and music video; 1991)
- Thomas the Tank Engine (found original illustrated edition of book; 1946)
- Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends (found build of cancelled NES port of educational game; 1993)
- Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends (lost build of cancelled PlayStation educational game; 1999)
- The Three Railway Engines (lost live BBC broadcast adaptation of "The Railway Series" books; 1953)
- The Three Railway Engines (found original edition of book; 1945)
- Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go Wiki page on the test animation.
- Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia page on the test animation.