Wheel of Fortune (found "Matthew Fenwick" episode of game show; 1998)
The show's logo for the 1997-1998 season.
Date found: 02 Oct 2020
Found by: wheelfan82
The March 18th, 1998 episode (taped February 13th, 1998) of the game show Wheel of Fortune appeared to the viewer as an average episode. However, the episode features a wanted child molester named Matthew Fenwick. (who won $4,400 on the show) At the time the episode aired, Matthew Fenwick was on the run after being accused of molesting two underage girls, ages 8 & 10. A warrant had been issued for Matthew in November, but police couldn't track him down until one of the girls saw him on the game show. Matthew Fenwick was arrested two days after his appearance on Wheel of Fortune and pled guilty in July 1998 to two counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child.
The episode has been found as of October 2nd, 2020 by the name of wheelfan82 a user of the Buy A Vowel Boards Forum.
- Countdown (lost unaired episodes of quiz show featuring convicted criminals; 1997-2013)
- Wheel of Fortune (partially lost episodes and cut material of game show; 1975-present)
- Wheel Of Fortune (lost unreleased DVD game based on gameshow; 2006-2008)
- Wheel 2000 (partially lost children's game show; 1997-1998)
- Wheel Of Fortune (partially lost test pilots of Merv Griffin game show; 1970s)
- Matthew Fenwick's page on Mugshots on his arrests.. Retrieved 9 Aug '20
- Wheel of Fortune (Wednesday, March 18, 1998)
- An Time Daily article about the incident. Retrieved 8 Aug '20
- An Associated Press article about the incident. Retrieved 08 Aug '20
- https://buyavowel.boards.net/thread/12020/march-1998-matt-jashelle-noah Retrieved 02 Oct ‘20