1 o' clock prayer (lost Filipino prayer habit interstitial; 1990s)
The Seed-Love Devotion is a daily Catholic prayer habit in the Philippines of praying one Hail Mary at one o'clock. It was developed by Mama Mary’s Movement Foundation Inc. founded on May 6, 1993. It is the opposite to the Divine Mercy, which is prayed at three o'clock.
In the 1990s, ABC 5 (now TV5) and IBC 13 aired a daily 1 o'clock Prayer interstitial. The footage accompanying the prayer was said to be unsettling, as it contains the image of the so-called "Bloodshed Mary" or Mary crying in blood, also known as the Agoo Apparition.
Premise[edit | edit source]
The segment starts with the time "1 o'clock" displayed. The word "WISH" (Worship God the Father, Immaculate Heart of Mary, Sacred Heart of Jesus, Holy Spirit) is shown, followed by an image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, then an image of The Immaculate Heart of Mary. Different pictures of Mary are shown until the final line of the prayer. When the prayer is finished, the phrase "Mama Mary leads us to Jesus, Seed Love Devotion" on Apple Garamond font was shown.
According to eyewitnesses, these are the following pictures shown while the voiceover speaks the prayer:
- Hail Mary = Guadalupe
- The Lord is with you = Baclaran Church
- Blessed are you among women = Woman praying in Baclaran Church
- And blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus = Crucified and dead Jesus Christ
- Holy Mary Mother of God = Agoo Apparition
- Pray for us, sinners now... = A crowd of Catholics.
A long pause was shown with a picture of Mary crying with Jesus (said to be the Pieta painting), and a typewriter-like written with the words "Heavenly Father with Mama Mary, we lift up to you our brothers and sisters who are praying now..."
Availability[edit | edit source]
It is said to be aired on Sine Klasiks on ABC-5 and before cartoons on IBC-13. It is said to be aired during the late 1990s and early 2000s. The 2000s version which has still the WISH part is available on the web and is a laid-back not like it's predecessor.
However, the 1990s version of the interstitial hasn't yet resurfaced on the web.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Seed Love Devotion blog, which has the 2000s version of the said prayer. Retrieved 31 Oct '21
- Blogspot about the said prayer habit. Retrieved 31 Oct '21
- People describing and reminiscing the said prayer habit. Retrieved 31 Oct '21
- A photo of the Agoo Apparition said to be on the interstitial with people describing it. Retrieved 31 Oct '21
- People said it aired on ABC-5 and IBC-13. Retrieved 31 Oct '21
- 2000s version of the ad. Retrieved 31 Oct '21