Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade promotional trial maps (lost promotional DLC of Game Boy Advance tactical role-playing game; 2002)
Sometime during 2002, special cartridges of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade that contained at least one of four new trial maps were given out on two promotional events to select winners. The first three were rewards for a Champion's Sword event hosted by Japanese manga magazine V-Jump, while the last one was part of a ranking tournament on the official website. These maps were "Graizel Execution Court", "V-Type Original Map", "J-Type Original Map", and "Defeat Bandits". The first map was based on a location exclusive to Champion's Sword. The second and third maps were shaped like the letters V and J respectively, hence their names. The last one, judging by its name, seems to involve defeating bandits. 
For the V-Jump event, 50 winners could get a cartridge containing "Graizel Execution Court", while 10 could get both the V-Type and J-Type maps. For the Ranking tournament, the highest-ranking winners could get the "Defeat Bandits" map. Due to the status of these maps, they are not present in the original game, and as mentioned above, were installed with the game's special cartridges instead. They are also absent from the Wii U Virtual Console port. These maps seem to use the XMAP data, which is a system that adds an additional sixth trial map from save data.
So far, information regarding these trial maps, as well as both promotional events, are extremely scarce, and none of the cartridges containing them have been known to be dumped online or, at the very least, still exist. The only proof of these maps' existence are a single screenshot of the first map and its set amount of Player and Enemy units, as well as a magazine scan containing images of the second and third maps. The last one has no images available, so it is unknown as to what the map's layout actually looked like.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
Articles about The Binding Blade[edit | edit source]
- Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (lost early builds of Game Boy Advance tactical role-playing game; 1997-2002)
- Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness (lost build of cancelled Nintendo 64DD tactical role-playing game; 1997-2000)
Other Fire Emblem-Related Media[edit | edit source]
- Fire Emblem Wii (lost tech demo; late 2000s)
- Fire Emblem: Archanea Saga (partially lost original Satellaview version of "Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem" bonus content; 1997)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses (partially found Cristina Vee voice recordings from English dub of Nintendo Switch tactical role-playing game; 2018-2019)
- Fire Emblem (partially lost early 4-koma manga anthologies based on tactical role-playing game franchise, 1994-2002)
External Links[edit | edit source]
- NIWA Fire Emblem Wiki page detailing the trial maps from The Binding Blade. This link redirects to a section about the missing promotional maps.
Reference[edit | edit source]
- A section of Pegasus Knight's page for post-game content of The Binding Blade detailing the trial maps. Retrieved 06 Oct '21
- Serenes Forest page for download events. Retrieved 06 Oct '21
- Sme on FE Universe - XMAP Chapters [FE6]. Retrieved 6 0Oct '21