Snoopy Flying Ace (found Xbox 360 dogfight game based on "Peanuts"; 2010)
The game's cover art.
Date found: 24 Jul 2022
Found by: Lost Scandinavian Media!
Snoopy Flying Ace is a 2010 dogfighting video game published by Xbox Game Studios and developed by Smart Bomb Interactive (now known as Wildworks) for the Xbox Live Marketplace for the Xbox 360. The game was announced on November 10th, 2008 and released 2 years later on June 2nd, 2010. It is based on the Peanuts comic strip. The plot is about Snoopy being tasked to take down members of the Flying Circus, commanded by Manfred von Richthofen, also known as the Red Baron. It is also a sequel to the 2006 game Snoopy vs the Red Baron, also developed by Smart Bomb.
On July 24, 2022, Internet Archive user Lost Scandinavian Media!, uploaded the game. According to them, they found it on their Xbox 360 from back when it was available. The game was uploaded to archive.org as a .zip file with its original folder and data files, the file can be emulated in various emulators for Xbox 360. If the file gets converted to a playable .iso file it can then also be burned to a playable disc.
- The demo's download link for those on Xbox 360.
- The demo's download link for those on PC.
- The game's download link on Internet Archive
- Peanuts (partially found sponsorship ads of animated specials based on comic strip; 1965-1970s)
- It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (found original music recordings of animated Halloween TV special; 1966)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (lost unreleased "laugh track cut" of Christmas special; 1965)
- Charlie Brown's All-Stars (lost build of cancelled Peanuts PlayStation 2/PlayStation Portable baseball game; 2007)
- Delisted games page on Snoopy Flying Ace. Retrieved 10 Feb '22