BS Super Mario Collection (partially lost Satellaview broadcast versions of compilation platformer; 1997-1998)
In 1997, a game for the Nintendo Satellaview named BS Super Mario Collection was released. While the game appears to be a direct port of Super Mario All-Stars, it does have new content added to the game, such as a new cutscene, Toad House, world map, and much more. Due to the games obscurity, not much else is known about the game.
The Game[edit | edit source]
The game is made up of four total weeks, and in order contain:
- Week 1: Super Mario Bros. - Worlds 1 to 5.
- Week 2: Super Mario Bros. 3 - Worlds 1 to 3.
- Week 3: Super Mario Bros. 3 - Worlds 4 to 6.
- Week 4: Unknown, possibly Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels - Worlds 1 to 5.
Availability[edit | edit source]
Currently, only the ROM of Week 3 was found and Week Two's data was later discovered in the ROM. Week 1 currently has footage available, which can be watched below.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Mario Artist (lost builds of unreleased Nintendo 64DD games; 1999-2000)
- Mario's Castle (lost build of cancelled game on Nintendo's "Project Atlantis" handheld console; existence unconfirmed; 1995-1998)
- Mario Demo (lost Virtual Boy tech demo; 1994)
- Mario's Face (lost Nintendo DS tech demo; 2004)
- Mario Motors (lost build of unreleased Nintendo DS racer; early 2000s)
- Mario Kart XXL (lost Game Boy Advance tech demo; 2004)
- Mario Takes America (lost build of cancelled Philips CD-i edutainment game; 1992-1994)
- New Super Mario Bros. (lost early builds of Nintendo DS 2D platformer; 2004-2006)
- New Super Mario Bros. Mii (lost Wii U tech demo; 2011)
- Super Mario 128 (lost build of cancelled GameCube/Wii game; 2000-2006)
- Super Mario 64 (partially found Spaceworld '95 demo of Nintendo 64 3D platformer; 1995)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (lost Japanese prototype of NES platformer; 1987-1988)
- Super Mario Bros. (lost Commodore 64 port of NES platformer; existence unconfirmed; 1986)
- Super Mario Disk Version aka "Super Mario 64DD" (found unreleased Nintendo 64DD port of 3D platformer; 1999)
- Super Mario Kart R (partially found pre-release version of "Mario Kart 64"; 1995)
- Super Mario RPG 2 (lost pre-release version of "Paper Mario" Nintendo 64 role-playing game; late 1990s)
- Super Mario Spikers (lost build of cancelled Wii volleyball-wrestling sports game; 2007)
- Super Mario's Wacky Worlds (found prototype of cancelled CD-i game; 1993)
- Super Mario World: Mario Attack (lost Japanese arcade game; 1996)
- Super Mario World (partially found early build of Super Nintendo platformer; 1989)
- Super Paper Mario (lost build of unreleased original GameCube version of Wii side-scrolling platformer; 2006)
External Link[edit | edit source]
- Super Mario Wiki page on BS Super Mario Collection. Retrieved 14 Apr '20
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Archived Japanese website's list of Satellaview Soundlink games. Retrieved 14 Apr '20