Daft Punk (found Winter Olympics TV commercial featuring French house band; 2002)
Daft Punk was a French house/electronic music duo that formed in 1993 and disbanded in 2021. They spawned many hit singles such as Harder Better Faster Stronger, Doin' it Right, Around the World, One More Time, Technologic, and Get Lucky. Around their Discovery era, they were featured in some advertisements for Gap, Toonami, and others.
One of their commercials, for the 2002 Winter Olympic games however, was lost.
On April 12th, 2012, The Daft Club forum user Thomas Bangalter made a post on the thread asking how to rip the content of a VHS containing four TV advertisements and an EPK (Electronic Press Kit) in high quality. There was no sign of these ads ever being shown to the public, due to the little interest by fellow posters.
Later that same year, YouTuber fullmetalanbu posted a video of his VHS collection, which included the VHS case and tape with the four ads on it. He also uploaded some of the ads off of the tape onto YouTube, though one ad that was not uploaded was a Winter Olympics spot, which featured their song Harder Better Faster Stronger.
On November 13th, 2022, reddit user u/DaftPunks of the Daft Punk subreddit uploaded the full commercial.
Other Daft Punk Commercials
2002 Winter Olympics Daft Punk Commercial
- Daft Punk Rollin' & Scratchin' Live Que Club Birmingham (partially found footage of Daft Punk performance; 1997)
Olympics Games Media
- 1936 Summer Olympics (lost television coverage of Berlin Games; 1936)
- Eagle Sam (partially found anime series; 1983-1984)
- Izzy's Quest for Olympic Gold (found animated TV special; 1995)
- Izzy's Adventure (found PC educational adventure game; 1996)
- ↑ The Daft Club forum thread about the television ads. Retrieved 10 April '15