Garfield: The Lost Levels (lost Sega Channel exclusive levels of game; mid-1990s)
Garfield: The Lost Levels is a game that was exclusive to Sega's paid "Sega Channel" Service on the Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive, which contained downloadable games, cheat codes, and tips.
The game contains three levels cut from the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive version of Garfield: Caught in the Act.
- "Bonehead the Barbarian" (a Viking themed level); the Game Gear Version of Caught in the Act includes this level and has a snow theme. One image has been found of it in play in Garfield: The Lost Levels, from someone's personal recording of the Sega World at Disney's Innovations.
- There was a cut train segment in the Catsablanca level in the Sega Genesis version of Caught in the Act, it is possible that the cut train segment was in Garfield: The Lost Levels. A user named Li Wang in the "Lost Levels" forums says Garfield: The Lost Levels had "that Catsablanca level".
- "Slobbin Hood" (a forest-Robin Hood level); This level is also included The Game Gear version of Caught in the Act.
The reason of the Sega Genesis version of Garfield: Caught in the Act was split into two (Garfield: The Lost Levels) could be due to Caught in the Act being one of Sega of America's biggest projects. Caught in the Act was not the only game to see this kind of treatment; Sonic the Hedgehog 3 had to be split across two cartridges (the other cart went under the title Sonic & Knuckles; the Sonic 3 cart could be attached to it to play both ROMs as a single game), and the Sega Saturn game Clockwork Knight was also split in half.
As of the now, the game has not resurfaced onto the internet, possibly because nobody thought about dumping the game's ROM. Also, note that the Genesis/Mega Drive does not keep the game's data when the console is turned off. Instead, it deletes the game data, making it impossible to keep the game. Unless the game's developers decide to re-release the ROM via Virtual Console, Steam, or some similar service or a prototype cartridge is leaked, it may never see the light of day again. Art by Jim Davis based on some of these levels made their way into an official T-Shirt, which also shows a cut ancient Rome level that was replaced with the "The Revenge of Orangebeard" level. A viking hat is on the title screen of the final release of "Garfield: Caught in the Act". Note that there is also a rocket from the "Alien Landscape" level that is only in the PC version, but was cut from the Mega Drive/ Genesis version and featured in some pre-release screenshots.
- Garfield "Bound For Home" (lost build of cancelled Nintendo DS game based on comic strip; existence unconfirmed; 2005)
- Garfield and Friends (found original "U.S. Acres" title cards of CBS animated series based on comic strip; 1988-1994)
- Garfield and Friends "Screaming With Binky" (partially lost segments from animated series; 1988-1990)
- The Garfield Show "Rodent Rebellion" (found animated television special; 2016)
- Garfield's Judgment Day (partially found cancelled animated special; late 1980s-early 1990s)
- Garfield's World Ego Tour (lost live-action special based on comic strip; 2003)
- Gnorm Gnat (found Jim Davis comic strip; 1973-1975)
- Jon (found prototype "Garfield" comic strip; 1976-1978)
- Lasagna Cat (partially found unreleased/prototype episodes of "Garfield" parody web series; 2008-2017)