Joy Junction (partially found TBN Christian children's show; mid-1980s)
Joy Junction is a 1980s Christian-themed television game show hosted by the host Sheriff Don set at the fictional village of Joy Junction along with the town's residents, Mrs. Peterson, The Professor, Ron, and his puppet Marty. In the show, the children of Joy Junction engage in many challenging games while learning valuable lessons from the Bible including solo performances from the singers, and a small segment of Ron & Marty. The show aired on the Christian Television Network throughout the mid-1980s before it was syndicated on several other children's television blocks like Kids Club from 1993 to 2005 and Smile.
- Don MacAllister as Sheriff Don
- Forrest Padley as Professor
- Al DiSanto as Papillon
- David Brantley as Whittler Dan/Jungle Bob
- Les Padley as Deputy Les
- Ronald Brown as Ron/Marty
- Sarah Edens and Darsi Wilson as Soloists
- Jacki McMinn as Mrs. Peterson
- Joseph Smith as Pastor Wilson
In 2013, the puppeteer Ronald Brown who had cast the role as the ventriloquist was hit with child pornography charges along with documents implementing that he, along with Michael Arnett, on a chat group he was in, intended on abusing, cooking, and eating children in highly graphic details, including one child Brown met personally while performing at Church. Ronald Brown was also charged with traffic violation back in 1998 when the police spotted a pair of boy's underwear in the passenger seat of his vehicle but got off clean when he told authorities that they were for his puppets. Before his eventual prison sentence, Brown was known to perform puppet shows at the congregation he attends, and often held pizza parties with children at his home. He has since been labelled a sex offender and is prohibited from seeing minors, and using a computer with online services.
The show's current whereabouts are unknown as the tapes of the show may have been demolished after the Ron Brown case went wildfire, and nowadays, only exist two surviving episodes and many clips uploaded onto YouTube. Since April of 2021, eleven more episodes of Joy Junction have been uploaded onto YouTube. A commercial starring characters from the show included physical copies of Joy Junction as well as Becky's Barn, are achievable through a twelve-dollar donation. No known copies of either tape seem to exist today.
- ↑ CVLT Nation's article on Ronald Brown's arrest (WARNING: The linked police report/transcript in the article contains NSFL/NSFW dialogue/content of a disturbing nature. Read at your own risk.). Retrieved 20 Feb '21
- ↑ CBS News' article on Ronald Brown's arrest and 20-year sentence to prison. Retrieved 20 Feb '21
- ↑ CNN's article on Ronald Brown's arrest and accusations of possessing child pornography. Retrieved 20 Feb '21
- ↑ Huff Post's article on Ronald Brown's conviction as a sex offender. Retrieved 20 Feb '21