LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars Beta (lost massively multiplayer online game; 2011-2013)
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars Beta was an MMO game released by LucasArts and launched in January 2011 to promote the game, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars which is based on the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The game was later was shut down by Disney when they shut down LucasArts on April 3rd, 2013.
Players would travel around several planets from the Star Wars universe in a 2D space with other players. Screens were in the backgrounds of these planets to show players screenshots and footage of the final game. Along each planet were minigames. One of which was a capture-the-flag style game where players would collect bricks from the middle to try and build up a staircase to reach the goal. Characters were also unlockable by using studs, completing tasks, using cheat codes and sharing the game on Facebook.
After Disney purchased and shut down LucasArts, all of the Star Wars games in development at the time were cancelled or shut down, including this one. The website link now redirects to the Star Wars website page for the main game. The link to the game can be accessed via the Wayback Machine however the captures from the years when the game was active only show a piece of promotional artwork and the captures from after it shut down request the discontinued Adobe Flash Player to be accessed. 
There are a good amount of videos about the game. However, none of the assets from the game have resurfaced since the game's shutdown in 2013.
- The LEGO Wikia page on LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars beta. Retrieved 12 Mar '19
- ↑ A Huffington Post article reporting on the shutdown of LucasArts. Retrieved 28 Jan '23
- ↑ The defunct original link to the game. Retrieved 28 Jan '23
- ↑ The Wayback Machine captures for the site when the game was active. Retrieved 28 Jan '23
- ↑ The Wayback Machine captures for the site after the game was shut down. Retrieved 28 Jan '23