Return of Donkey Kong (lost build of cancelled NES game; existence unconfirmed; 1987-1988)
Return of Donkey Kong was an unconfirmed canceled video game planned for the NES, as an entry to the, at the time, insanely popular Donkey Kong franchise.
The only proof of the game's existence is in the Official Nintendo Player's Guide in 1987, where it is listed as an "upcoming attraction", and the Nintendo Fun Club magazine in 1988, where it mentions the game in its 5th issue It's not known if the game was being made but got canceled, or if it was planned but scrapped before they could work on the game. Based on the advertisements, it seems that the player would play as Donkey Kong, and said player could throw barrels like in the original Donkey Kong arcade games. There are currently no images of the game, and it was never shown to the public or mentioned again.
- Diddy Kong Racing Adventure (found build of cancelled Nintendo GameCube sequel to "Diddy Kong Racing"; 2004)
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (lost build of cancelled Virtual Boy port of Super Nintendo sequel platformer; 1996)
- Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers (lost build of cancelled Game Boy Advance puzzle game; 2002)
- Donkey Kong no Ongaku Asobi (lost build of cancelled Famicom educational game; 1983)
- Donkey Kong Parking Attendant (lost build for cancelled SEGA arcade game; existence unconfirmed; date unknown)
- Donkey Kong Plus (lost build of cancelled Game Boy Advance puzzle platformer; 2002)
- Donkey Kong Racing (lost build of cancelled Nintendo GameCube racing sequel game; 2002)
- Untitled Donkey Kong game (lost builds of cancelled SNES-CD and CD-i platformer; existence unconfirmed; 1992-1993)
- DKTV (partially found promotional Donkey Kong 64 videos from defunct Nintendo website; 1999-2000)
- Official Nintendo Player's Guide upcoming attractions page mentioning the game. Retrieved 17 Apr '21
- Nintendo Fun Club sneak peek page mentioning the game. Retrieved 17 Apr '21