The Return of the Lone Ranger (lost pilot of failed television series; 1961)
The Return of the Lone Ranger is a 1961 pilot episode starring Tex Hill that failed to continue into a series. Jack Wrather, who purchased the rights to the series in 1954, commissioned this pilot as an attempt at a follow-up to the well-received TV series.
Sources frequently disagree on its airing and whether or not it was a pilot or a film, as little else is known about it. Many fans of the series have made attempts at finding the pilot, but with little success.
- IMDb page on The Return of the Lone Ranger. Retrieved 28 Mar '16
- Lone Ranger Fan Club page. Retrieved 28 Mar '16
- Forum with the argument against it being a TV pilot.
- Television Obscurities post
- Yahoo Answers inquiry. Retrieved 28 Mar '16