The Simpsons Movie (partially found alternate versions and deleted scenes of animated comedy film; 2007)
The Simpsons Movie is a 2007 American animated comedy film based on the long-running animated sitcom The Simpsons. The film went through many revisions, even while the film was being animated.
Much of the official DVD's commentary is dedicated to talking about all the different versions of the movie that exists. For example, in one version, Lisa's love interest is Milhouse, and in another, Marge is the one who's spoken to by God and not Grandpa (This is where the "here's the money shot" bit in the trailer comes from).
In his 2018 biography revolving around his time working on The Simpsons and his career, Springfield Confidential: Jokes, Secrets, and Outright Lies from a Lifetime Writing for The Simpsons writer Mark Reiss notes that aliens Kang and Kodos had a small role during the end credits of the test screenings of the film. According to Reiss, the aliens debated the quality of the film at the bottom of the credits. Dialog Reiss cites from the cut scene is very short. In it, Kang and Kodos discuss the pig character, with Kang saying, "at least the pig was cute," prompting Kodos to shoot back with "Yeah, until he vanished halfway through the picture!" He explains that test audiences hated it, so the whole scene was cut. To date, it has never been released.
Many of the changes were hinted at in the marketing. The tie-in toys at Burger King were supposed to play lines from the movie, but most of the toys play lines from deleted scenes. There is also a TV Guide article detailing some of the cut scenes. Supposedly, there exists an hour and a half of fully animated cut content, and another hour and a half of content that didn't make it past the animatic stage. One such scene mentioned in the film's DVD audio commentary mentions a scene featuring Marge enquiring where Homer had put Ploppers 'leavings'. Originally, the scene was extended further with Homer not understanding what Marge was referring to which leads to Marge using various euphemisms for feces. Eventually, after various attempts and Homer not understanding, Marge gives up and blatantly asks where he puts the 'pigs shit'. This means there are three hours of deleted content or enough for another two movies.
Status[edit | edit source]
The film is fifteen years old, and as of right now, just under five minutes of cut content is available on the DVD.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Commercials[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- The Simpsons (partially found deleted scenes of Fox animated sitcom; 1989-present)
- The Simpsons (partially found scripts for unproduced episodes of Fox animated sitcom; 1990s)
- The Simpsons "Some Enchanted Evening" (partially found original pilot of Fox animated sitcom; 1989-1990)
- Fox Kids "Bartcasting" (partially found "The Simpsons" promo on children's program block; 1996)
- Currys (partially found "The Simpsons" Sky One sponsorships ads from British electronics retailer; 2009-2010)
- Season Six Alternative Packaging Program (lost audio from phone number based on "The Simpsons" animated TV sitcom; 2005-2011)
- Al-Shamshoon (partially lost unaired Arabic dubbed episodes of "The Simpsons" animated series; 2005)