Untitled Fire Emblem remake (lost build of cancelled Nintendo 3DS tactical role-playing game; existence unconfirmed; late 2010s)
Two years after the release of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, which served as a remake of the original Fire Emblem Gaiden, rumors of an unknown fourth 3DS title of the Fire Emblem series were brought up in an episode of Kinda Funny Games Daily. Information about this game is scarce at best, but a rumor said that it was supposed to be released in the late 2010s, only to be cancelled sometime later. Said game was also supposed to remake one of the older games in the series, though which game it was supposed to remake is unknown.
Identity of the remake
The mysterious title is speculated to be a remake of an older game in the franchise, but there is no mention as to what that game was supposed to be. Firstly, there has been fan speculation that Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War was the potential candidate. On the other hand, however, Shadows of Valentia director Kenta Nakanishi was more interested in doing one based on Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, mostly due to Roy's popularity, and the game never receiving an international release despite this. Though other old games, such as Path of Radiance, were also brought up, the aforementioned two games are the most notable remake candidates.
The first time the elusive Fire Emblem game was ever mentioned was in a Halloween 2019 episode of Kinda Funny Games Daily, during a discussion between Greg Miller and ex-Game Informer editor Imran Khan. When they discussed about the game, Khan claimed that the game was in development at some point, but it was cancelled later. He also brought up that the project would soon be revived for the Nintendo Switch, but nothing new has been brought up about the game since. The exact reason why the mysterious Fire Emblem title was shelved is unknown, but poor sales of another Nintendo RPG Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr’s Journey and the then-recent bankruptcy of its developer AlphaDream, combined with the Nintendo 3DS nearing the end of its life, is what probably led to its cancellation alongside multiple other 3DS games being developed at the time. 
In an article on the Fire Emblem fan site Serenes Forest, published a few days after the aforementioned episode, longtime fan VincentASM also claimed that the game began development around the same time as Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
Similarly, internal data for Fire Emblem Engage, a game released nearly four years later, refers that game as Iron19 and not Iron18 (Three Houses is Iron17), leading many to speculate that another mainline Fire Emblem game was being developed between it and Three Houses before it was cancelled. It is unknown if such a game is the same one as the untitled remake or is an entirely separate game.
Since then, no new evidence regarding the existence of the game has resurfaced online, and, till this day, remains a mystery if this game was ever developed.
- Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness (lost build of cancelled Nintendo 64DD tactical role-playing game; 1997-2000)
- Fire Emblem Wii (lost tech demo; late 2000s)
- BS Fire Emblem: Archanea Saga (partially lost original Satellaview version of "Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem" bonus content; 1997)
- Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (lost early builds of Game Boy Advance tactical role-playing game; 1997-2002)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses (partially found Cristina Vee voice recordings from English dub of Nintendo Switch tactical role-playing game; 2018-2019)
- Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (lost promotional DLC of Game Boy Advance tactical role-playing game; 2002)
- Nintendo Wire article about Nakanishi considering about taking on The Binding Blade Retrieved Retrieved October 9th, 2023
- Nintendo Enthusiast article about the rumored cancelled game Retrieved Retrieved October 9th, 2023
- Serenes Forest Article detailing the rumored game. Retrieved Retrieved October 9th, 2023
- Gamerant: Fire Emblem Leak Suggests There Once Was a Game Planned Between Three Houses and Engage Retrieved October 9th, 2023