Bubble Guppies (partially found unaired pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2006)
Bubble Guppies is an animated series on Nick Jr. created by Robert Scull and Jonny Belt and produced by WildBrain Entertainment. The series revolves around six fish-tailed children learning about various preschool subjects throughout each episode by their teacher, Mr. Grouper.
Development[edit | edit source]
The series was being produced at Guru Studio and Nick Digital in September 2006. On January 2007, an episode known as "Happy Clam Day" was finished and ready to be produced. Many of the characters didn't have the same voice actors and the animation is drastically different from the final product. Guru Studio and Nickelodeon had the series due to air on 2007-2008 for their first season, but only 10 episodes were produced at the time. Around five months after the tenth episode was finished, Viacom laid off approximately 720 staff members from their company, including the employees for Guru Studio and Nick. The show's producers decided to give up hope after the mass firing until WildBrain heard about the series and decided to pick it up. Adjustments were made and the series was in competition with Team Umizoomi, but both shows ended up getting produced. On January 24th, 2011, the series made its debut and had 20 episodes ready to air.
Availability[edit | edit source]
A video known as "Nickkit UberHotmix LOSSLESS-desktop.m4v" was posted showing clips from the pilot, but the video was privatized in 2019. As of now, only one screenshot of the pilot and a few concept art images have been resurfaced.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Blue Prints (partially found unaired pilot of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live action series; 1994-1995)
- Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilot episodes of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- The Backyardigans (partially found Nick Digital pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2002)
- Super Why? (partially found stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI series; 1999)
- The Umizumiz (partially found unaired pilot of "Team Umizoomi" Nick Jr. CGI-animated/live-action series; 2008)
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- C21media article mentioning both shows. Retrieved 14 Jun '21