Someday School (partially found PBS Kids channel block; 1998-2000)
Someday School was a half-hour block produced by Benny Smart that aired on PBS Kids from 1998-2000. Most of the shows from the block (as well as anything pertaining to the block itself) are lost.
Little is known about the block or its shows. What is known about the block is that it aired on Sundays at 6 AM(WETA)/7 AM(MPT)7:30 AM (KQED) and featured six different shows/segments imported from various countries such as Canada and Australia (Nounou Time, Humphrey B. Bear, The Slow Norris, Oakie Doke, My World, and Wiggly Park). The block was hosted by a character named "Mrs. Apple" (portrayed by Cathy Shambley) who would discuss the particular theme of the day's block and visit various teachers to demonstrate what the first day of school will be like.
Of the six shows on the block, Here's Humphrey, Oakie Doke, and The Slow Norris are the most well documented, with several of their episodes being available on the internet; one of Oakie Doke`s two seasons can be found, some of The Slow Norris`s 60 episodes are online, and a fraction of Here's Humphrey`s 43 year run is also available. Some footage of Wiggly Park can be found, a VHS of Nounou Time is available on YouTube and no footage of My World exists online. There are also three low-quality episodes of the Someday School block available below (two of which are incomplete).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
Bumpers[edit | edit source]
- PBS Kids (partially lost schedule bumpers and interstitial material of children's channel block; 1999-present)
- Bookworm Bunch (partially found interstitials from PBS Kids channel block; 2000-2001)
PBS[edit | edit source]
- Reading Rainbow (found Johnny Kemp opening sequence for PBS children's television series; 1999)
- Zoom (partially found revival of 1972 PBS children's series; 1999-2005)
PBS Kids[edit | edit source]
- Cyberchase: The Poddleville Case (found pilot of PBS Kids animated educational series; 1999)
- Dragon Tales "One Small Step for Cassie" and "Circle of Friends" (lost pilots of PBS Kids animated series; 1999)
- Space Race (partially found PBS Kids web series; 2011)
- Kratts' Creatures (found PBS children's educational series; 1996)
- The Good Night Show with Melanie/Leo (partially found PBS Kids Sprout series; 2005-2006)
- Preschool Musical... On a Stick (partially lost PBS Kids Sprout "High School Musical" parody; 2008)
- Curious George (lost test pilot of PBS Kids animated series based on books; existence unconfirmed; 2004/2005)