Batman: Clean and Dirty (found "Sesame Street" animated segment; 1970)
The verification of this segment's existence from the CTW Archives.
Date found: 15 Jul 2021
Found by: LittleJerryFan92
In Season 1 of Sesame Street, Batman and Robin appeared in animated segments done by Filmation, in the same style as their 1969 animated show, The Adventures of Batman. In total, four segments were used for the show; Batman first appeared in the first test pilot of Sesame Street (available on the DVD, Old School: Volume 2) and later had three more segments in the main series.
The first three segments, "Batman Crosses the Street", "Around/Up/Through", and the untitled Ernie and Bert segment from the pilot featuring Batman are available on the DVD sets Old School: Volume 1, 40 Years of Sunny Days, and Old School: Volume 2 respectively.
The final segment, which first aired in "Episode 99", was titled "Clean and Dirty" and was intended to teach kids the difference between clean and dirty. It's 51 seconds long and features The Penguin's gang, who had dirty windows. Verification of the segment's existence, length, and first airing came from materials at the CTW Archives at the University of Maryland.
On September 16th, 2019, a collection of screenshots from the segment were uploaded online, proving that the segment still remained in existence.
On July 15th, 2021, LittleJerryFan92 uploaded the full segment to YouTube. When questioned about the source of this finding, the uploader said they couldn't reveal it.
- Batman Fights Dracula (lost unofficial Filipino comedy parody film; 1967)
- Batman Dracula (partially found Andy Warhol film; 1964)
- Gotham High (lost cancelled Batman animated series; 2009)
- Batman Forever (partially lost deleted scenes of DC superhero film sequel; 1995)
- The Dark Knight (lost build of cancelled multi-platform action game based on Batman film; 2008)
- Batman And The New Robin (partially found unproduced animated TV series; 1988)
- Batman: The Animated Series (partially found Tim Curry performance from animated series; 1992)
- Mike Henry's Batman publicity stills (lost photographs advertising CBS "Batman" TV series; 1964)
- Batman: A Death in the Family (partially lost unfinished "Jason Todd lives" version of comic; 1988)
- Batman Meets Godzilla (lost Japanese film treatment of unproduced crossover film; 1960s)
- The Dark Knight Trilogy (partially found deleted scenes of DC superhero film trilogy; 2005-2012)
- Batgirl (lost HBO MAX superhero film; 2022)
- The People's Joker (unauthorized trans joker movie; 2022)
- Muppet Wiki page for Old School: Volume 1, verifying this segment's name.
- Muppet Wiki page giving a description of the segments.
- Muppet Wiki page for the first episode this segment was in.
- Muppet Wiki list of subsequent episodes in which it appeared.
- Paper from the CTW Archives that gives the official title and the length. Retrieved 15 Feb '19
- LittleJerryFan92's comment on the source of "Clean and Dirty". Retrieved 16 Jul '21