Mike Henry's Batman publicity stills (lost photographs advertising CBS "Batman" TV series; 1964)
Former American footballer and actor Mike Henry, known for roles such as Tarzan in the 1960s and Junior from the Smokey and the Bandit series, posed for a set of publicity stills where he dressed up as Batman for a Saturday morning children's program that CBS had bought the idea for in 1964, with Ed Graham (who originally pitched the idea to them) as producer.
The show would have been more straightforward and serious in tone than ABC's Batman (starring Adam West), and Henry was one of the actors considered for the role of Batman.
However, before the show could come to fruition, DC Comics got the TV rights for Batman back and then made a deal with ABC to create the 1966 show that is known today.
Consequently, anything in context to the '64 Batman pitch was put away or lost, including the publicity stills. As of today, these stills haven't been found.
- Batman Fights Dracula (lost unofficial Filipino comedy parody film; 1967)
- Batman Dracula (partially found Andy Warhol film; 1964)
- Gotham High (lost cancelled Batman animated series; 2009)
- Batman Forever (partially lost deleted scenes of DC superhero film sequel; 1995)
- The Dark Knight (lost build of cancelled multi-platform action game based on Batman film; 2008)
- Batman And The New Robin (partially found unproduced animated TV series; 1988)
- Batman: The Animated Series - Tim Curry performance as the Joker (lost audio recordings from animated series; 1992)
- Batman: A Death in the Family - "Jason Todd lives" (partially lost alternate version of comic; 1988)
- Batman: Clean and Dirty (found "Sesame Street" animated segment; 1970)
- Batman Meets Godzilla (lost Japanese film treatment of unproduced crossover film; 1960s)
- Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight Trilogy" (lost deleted scenes of DC superhero film trilogy; 2005-2012)
- Batgirl (lost HBO MAX superhero film; 2022)
- The People's Joker (unauthorized trans joker movie; 2022)