Batman Fights Dracula (lost unofficial Filipino comedy parody film; 1967)
Batman Fights Dracula was a 1967 Filipino parody comedy film directed by Leody M. Diaz and written by Bert R. Mendoza, starring Jing Abalos and Dante Rivero as the titular characters respectively. As the name suggests, the movie centers around a battle between cult figures Batman and Dracula; it is considered by many to be one of the most sought-after lost Asian films of all time.
Very little information on the film has surfaced other than standard production details such as cast and crew, although at least one person has undertaken a personal search effort for the film, which ultimately went unfulfilled. That is until a great amount of new information surfaced on the Filipino blog Pelikula ATBP.
The story concerned the mad scientist named Dr. Zorba who, after repeatedly being defeated by Batman, finds a way to resurrect the wicked Count Dracula, control him, and even make him stronger, rendering him invincible towards traditional ways of killing him, such as Christian crosses.
After tracking down Zorba at his underground fortress, Ruben (a character based on the existing sidekick Robin) and the beautiful Marita manage to kill the evil doctor by somehow turning the vampire against him.
Although the blog post clarifies the plot and provides a great number of photos, none of the footage from Batman Fights Dracula has been found. A similar-looking film titled James Batman is often mistaken as being Batman Fights Dracula but James Batman is a different movie altogether though it is a Batman parody film from the Philippines.
Notably, this film marks the second of three films that center around a showdown between Batman and Dracula, the first being Andy Warhol's Batman Dracula and the third being the 2005 animated film, The Batman vs. Dracula.
- This movie should not be confused with Andy Warhol's Batman Dracula.
See Also (Dracula Media)
- Dracula (lost Russian film; existence unconfirmed; 1920)
- Batman Dracula (partially found Andy Warhol film; 1964)
- Dracula (partially found epilogue scene of Universal horror film; 1931)
- Dracula Hunter (lost arcade game; 1979)
- Dracula's Death (lost horror film; 1921)
- The Un-Dead (partially found original Dracula manuscript; 1897)
See Also (Batman Media)
- Gotham High (lost cancelled Batman animated series; 2009)
- Batman Forever (partially lost deleted scenes of DC superhero film sequel; 1995)
- The Dark Knight (lost build of cancelled multi-platform action game based on Batman film; 2008)
- Batman And The New Robin (partially found unproduced animated TV series; 1988)
- Batman: The Animated Series - Tim Curry performance as the Joker (lost audio recordings from animated series; 1992)
- Mike Henry's Batman publicity stills (lost photographs advertising CBS "Batman" TV series; 1964)
- Batman: A Death in the Family - "Jason Todd lives" (partially lost alternate version of comic; 1988)
- Batman: Clean and Dirty (found "Sesame Street" animated segment; 1970)
- Batman Meets Godzilla (lost Japanese film treatment of unproduced crossover film; 1960s)
- Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight Trilogy" (lost deleted scenes of DC superhero film trilogy; 2005-2012)
- Batgirl (lost HBO MAX superhero film; 2022)
- The People's Joker (unauthorized trans joker movie; 2022)
- ABS CDN article on the film. Retrieved 19 Feb '21
- Archive of NonProductive article on Frank Hablawi's search for the film, via The Wayback Machine. Retrieved 24 Dec '14
- Blog post containing photographs and the plotline from the film. Retrieved 20 May '16
- Esquire Magazine article on Batman Fights Dracula. Retrieved 19 Feb '21