Land of Lost Monsters (found Discovery Channel special; 2003)
The DVD case.
Date found: 21 Nov 2015
Found by: AndrewSureheart
Land of Lost Monsters was the American version of the BBC documentary Monsters We Met a three-part miniseries about early man and how they adapted to the prehistoric world along with killing off multiple species of animal. The documentary was roughly the same as the original series, but the narration is done by William Hootkins in the American version (while Sir Ian Holm did the narration in the original), stock footage of Walking with Beasts is used primarily at the beginning of the special (supposedly Walking with Cavemen footage is also used), additional footage not from the original show, and there are facts shown onscreen talking about most of the creatures from the show. The special did have re-runs but has not aired again since the mid 2000s.
On November 10th, and 11th, 2009 two clips from the special taken from the video section of the Land of Lost Monsters website (it was found on the Animal Planet website, but it has since been taken down) were uploaded onto YouTube by the user godsmiracle123, showing two clips from the series (one of which had the Short-faced bear attack and the other had the Haast's Eagle attack) that had been slightly modified for the special. On June 10th, 2014, a person named Preston Simpson (who goes by the name of "dirtypms") used clips from the special for a montage video on YouTube, along with the original, but the whole special was not used in the video, only short clips from it (most of it is from the original series). Someone in his comment section asked where he got the footage and Preston linked an Amazon page to a DVD for the special but it is currently unavailable, and it is unknown if it will ever become available again.
On November 21st, 2015, the special was posted onto Zippcast by a user named ACT8113_WaminX (who also goes by the names Solca and AndrewSureheart), who bought the DVD for the special in 2014. On October 17th, he posted pictures of the DVD on his Twitter. He finally ripped the DVD onto his computer and posted it on Zippercast.
Afterward, a download link was made on MEGA.
- Fifth Gear Europe (partially found European Discovery Channel motoring series; 2009)
- Mythbusters "Cannibal Mouse" (lost unaired segment of Discovery Channel science entertainment series; 2006)
- PitchMen (found Discovery Channel docudrama series; 2009-2011)
- Top Gear (partially found Discovery Channel adaptation of BBC Two motoring series; 2005)
- Darcy's Wild Life (found Family Channel/Discovery Kids teen sitcom; 2004-2006)
- Kenny the Shark (partially found live-action Discovery Kids special; 2000)
- Kenny the Shark (partially lost unaired pilots of Discovery Kids animated series; 2001)
- The Paz Show (partially lost TLC/Discovery Kids animated short series; 2003-2006)
- Family Game Night (partially lost Hub Network game show; 2010-2014)
- The Game of Life (partially lost Hub Network game show; 2011-2012)
- ↑ A link to the Amazon page for Land of Lost Monsters. Retrieved 11 Sep '17
- ↑ AndrewSureheart's Twitter page. Retrieved 11 Sep '17
- ↑ AndrewSureheart's rip of the BBC film on Zippercast. Retrieved 11 Sep '17
- ↑ The MEGA link for Land of Lost Monsters. Retrieved 11 Sep '17