Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island (partially found pitch pilot of Kids' WB! animated comedy series; early-mid 2000s)
Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island is an animated comedy series that ran on Kids’ WB! from 2005 to 2006. The series takes place on an island inhabited by fruit where various wacky situations ensue, the main characters being Fred a happy-go-lucky coconut, Slip and Slide 2 twin banana brothers, Bingo a timid cherry, Mr. Mel Greenrind a watermelon who tries to establish order on the island, Wedgie a lemon who's a stranded sailor and Bunga Berry a feral strawberry who's also mute. The series was criticized due to its obnoxious over-the-top humor and being too similar to Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants.
Pitch Pilot[edit | edit source]
In the early to mid-2000s, a pilot was made to pitch the show to the network. The pilot looks to be an early version of the episode "Master of Disaster" with the characters having slightly different designs compared to the final show with the most notable changes to Fred's pupils and teeth. In June 2020 Twitter user NegaPosi rediscovered clips of the pilot from 2 YTP videos from YouTuber 1downpoison, "Butchy is Sexually Frustrated" and "Grounder lost his penis" and uploaded the footage onto her YouTube channel. Although when contacting 1downpoison they stated they no longer have the pilot.
On September 26th, 2022, GoldenFiddlement uploaded a promo containing footage of the pilot to her YouTube channel. More footage has yet to surface since that date.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
Footage[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Animaniacs (unproduced "Minerva Mink" animated shorts; early 1990s)
- Animaniacs "I'm Mad" (partially found original theatrical version of animated short; 1994)
- Animaniacs "The New Year's Party Tonight" (partially lost alternate version of animated comedy series short; 1995)
- Animaniacs "Potty Emergency" (lost deleted scenes of episode of animated comedy series; 1993)
- Brainstem (lost preview version of "Pinky and the Brain" song; 1995)
- Channel Umptee-3 (partially found Kids' WB! educational animated series; 1997)
- Detention (found Kids' WB! animated series; 1999-2000)
- Earthworm Jim (partially found unaired pitch pilot of Kids' WB! animated series; 1995)
- Kids' WB! (partially found animated "Backlot" bumpers of children's programming block; 1997-2003)
- Kids' WB! (partially found "Crazy Takes" promos of children's program block; early 2000s)
- Kids' WB! "Top 20 Pokéthon Countdown" (partially found promos and bumpers of event from children's programming block; 1999)
- Lobo (lost production material of cancelled Kids' WB! animated series based on DC character; 1990s)
- Monster Allergy (partially found Kids' WB! English dub of animated series based on comics; 2006)
- Waynehead (found Kids' WB! animated series; 1996-1997)
- Welcome Home, Animaniacs! (partially found Kids' WB Saturday morning preview; 1995)