Welcome Home, Animaniacs! (partially found Kids' WB Saturday morning preview; 1995)
Advertisement for Kids' WB's debut, including two supposed but unrealized air dates for the special.
Status: Partially Found
Welcome Home, Animaniacs! is a 1995 special that was centered around the fact that for Kids' WB!'s inaugural season, Animaniacs would be moving to the block from competitor Fox Kids. The special was originally meant to introduce four new shows, along with Animaniacs and the then airing in primetime Pinky and the Brain on the then-new Kids' WB! block.
The special was hosted by Harland Williams and also featured the cast of several of The WB's primetime shows introducing each of the block's shows, wrapped around new animation of Yakko, Wakko and Dot driving to the Warner Bros. studios from Fox's studios. The special was meant to be aired twice, once on the night before the block's launch and once six days after the launch.
However, it became obscure almost immediately as only a few WB network affiliates ended up airing the special; and several that did actually aired it immediately after the inaugural Kids' WB! broadcast on September 9th, 1995.
For a while, due to the obscurity of the preview special, no footage had resurfaced. The fact that airing the special at a specific time was not mandated by The WB contributed to the obscurity of the special.
However, on September 25th, 2017, LMW and YouTube user TheLandofNoPoint (NormanTheIdiot's Alt) uploaded a 2 minute part of Welcome Home, Animaniacs!. The rest of the special, however, remains lost.
Other Lost Saturday Morning Previews
- The Brady Bunch Visits ABC (lost Saturday Morning Cartoons preview; 1971)
- The Brady Bunch Meet ABC's Saturday Superstars (lost Saturday Morning Cartoons preview; 1972)
- The Wacko Saturday Morning Preview and Other Good Stuff Special (lost Saturday morning preview; 1977)
- C'Mon Saturday (lost Saturday Morning preview; 1977)
- Saturday Morning Sneak Peek (partially lost Saturday morning preview; 1973)
Other Articles Relating to Kids' WB
- Animaniacs (unproduced "Minerva Mink" animated shorts; early 1990s)
- Animaniacs "I'm Mad" (partially found original theatrical version of animated short; 1994)
- Animaniacs "The New Year's Party Tonight" (partially lost alternate version of animated comedy series short; 1995)
- Animaniacs "Potty Emergency" (lost deleted scenes of episode of animated comedy series; 1993)
- Brainstem (lost preview version of "Pinky and the Brain" song; 1995)
- Channel Umptee-3 (partially found Kids' WB! educational animated series; 1997)
- Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island (partially found pitch pilot of Kids' WB! animated comedy series; early-mid 2000s)
- Detention (found Kids' WB! animated series; 1999-2000)
- Earthworm Jim (partially found unaired pitch pilot of Kids' WB! animated series; 1995)
- Kids' WB! (partially found animated "Backlot" bumpers of children's programming block; 1997-2003)
- Kids' WB! (partially found "Crazy Takes" promos of children's program block; early 2000s)
- Kids' WB! "Top 20 Pokéthon Countdown" (partially found promos and bumpers of event from children's programming block; 1999)
- Lobo (lost production material of cancelled Kids' WB! animated series based on DC character; 1990s)
- Monster Allergy (partially found Kids' WB! English dub of animated series based on comics; 2006)
- Waynehead (found Kids' WB! animated series; 1996-1997)
- A Kids' WB! blogspot that briefly mentions the special. Retrieved 20 Jan '19