Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers (lost build of cancelled Game Boy Advance puzzle game; 2002)
In the early 2000s, Rare was developing several games for Nintendo's new Game Boy Advance and GameCube systems, many of which starred Nintendo-owned characters. One such game was Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers.
Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers was to be a puzzle game with an isometric view. Donkey Kong would drop coconuts filled with paint, and the player must use this paint to make squares and rectangles. Kremlings occasionally show up and hinder the player's progress. A playable demo was made, and demo videos were released.
In September of 2002, Microsoft bought Rare Ltd., and because Microsoft had just recently entered the video game industry with their Xbox, Rare cancelled and/or reworked many of the games they were developing. Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers was cancelled, and the idea was reworked into a Game Boy Advance game called It's Mr. Pants, featuring Rare's unofficial mascot Mr. Pants, which was released on December 7th, 2004.
To this day, a playable demo of Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers has not yet been dumped and leaked.
- Diddy Kong Racing Adventure (found build of cancelled Nintendo GameCube sequel to "Diddy Kong Racing"; 2004)
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (lost build of cancelled Virtual Boy port of Super Nintendo sequel platformer; 1996)
- Donkey Kong no Ongaku Asobi (lost build of cancelled Famicom educational game; 1983)
- Donkey Kong Plus (lost build of cancelled Game Boy Advance puzzle platformer; 2002)
- Donkey Kong Racing (lost build of cancelled Nintendo GameCube racing sequel game; 2002)
- Return of Donkey Kong (lost build of cancelled NES game; existence unconfirmed; 1987-1988)
- Untitled Donkey Kong game (lost builds of cancelled SNES-CD and CD-i platformer; existence unconfirmed; 1992-1993)
- Banjo-Karting/Banjo-Kazoomie (lost prototypes of "Banjo-Kazooie" racing games; mid-2000s)
- Banjo-Threeie (lost build of cancelled sequel to platformer game series; existence unconfirmed; early 2000s)
- Cascade (lost build of cancelled Xbox 360 massive multiplayer online game; 2000-2007)
- Dinosaur Planet (found build of cancelled Nintendo 64 action-adventure game; 1999-2000)
- GoldenEye 007 (found build of cancelled Xbox Live Arcade remaster of Nintendo 64 first-person shooter; 2007-2008)
- Jet Force Gemini (lost build of cancelled Game Boy Color port of Nintendo 64 third-person shooter; 2000)
- Project Dream (lost builds of cancelled Super Nintendo/Nintendo 64 precursor to "Banjo-Kazooie" platformer; 1994-1997)
- Sabreman Stampede (lost build of cancelled Xbox 360 adventure platformer; 2002-2005)
- Savannah (lost build of cancelled Xbox 360 Kinect prototype; 2006-2007)
- Twelve Tales: Conker 64 (lost build of early version of "Conker's Bad Fur Day" Nintendo 64 platformer; late 1990s)
- ↑ Unseen 64's article on Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers. Retrieved 28 Sep '15
- ↑ IGN's article on It's Mr. Pants. Retrieved 28 Sep '15