Sonic Boom (non-existent lost episode of animated TV series; 2014)
Sonic Boom is a CGI-animated TV series based on the Sonic the Hedgehog game franchise, produced by the company Sega of America, Inc. and Technicolor Animation Productions. First premiering in November 2014, it has spanned over 100 episodes in two seasons.
There is, however, rumors of footage from a lost episode of this series.
The person who originally stated this has since deleted his original thread on 4chan, but stated the episode was a pilot shown to Sega of America, Inc., and was scrapped due to it not being "suitable for a first episode". It was never released to the public, but some have theorized that remnants of this lost episode lie in the "Meet Sticks" video.
In this video, there are several storyboard sketches that never saw a release on TV or any other form of Sonic media than this trailer. It is surprising that the sketches have never been released or even been addressed by the artists, yet it remains a mystery.
On August 12th, 2018, executive producer Bill Freiberger was asked about a lost episode of the show. He stated that the storyboards from the "Meet Sticks" video were not from a deleted episode. He also said that the storyboards could theoretically be from a deleted scene of another episode. Still, little information is known about the origin of these storyboards.
- Shadow the Hedgehog (lost Teen rated version of platformer; 2005)
- Sister Sonic (lost build of cancelled "Sonic the Hedgehog" localization of "Popful Mail" Sega CD side-scrolling platformer; 1993)
- Sonic 3D Blast (found cassette demo tape of unused game soundtrack; 1996)
- Sonic Adventure New Year's DLC (found "Sonic the Hedgehog" holiday-themed DLC; 1998)
- Sonic Boom 2013 (lost Crush 40 livestream performance from "Sonic the Hedgehog" convention; 2013)
- Sonic DS (lost Nintendo DS tech demo; 2004)
- Sonic Generations (lost game demo; 2010)
- Sonic Jr. (lost build of unreleased Sega Pico game; existence unconfirmed; 1994)
- Sonic Saturn (lost build of cancelled Sega Saturn prototype of platformer; mid-1990s)
- Sonic Sports (lost build of cancelled Sega 32X sports game; 1995)
- Sonic Synergy (lost original build of "Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric" Wii U action-adventure game; 2007-2013)
- Sonic The Hedgehog (lost build of cancelled Sega CD port of Sega Genesis platformer; 1992)
- Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (lost build of cancelled iOS port of Sega Genesis platformers; 2014)
- Sonic The Hedgehog: Awakening (lost build of cancelled "Sonic the Hedgehog" game; existence unconfirmed; late 2000s)
- Sonic X-Treme (found build of unreleased Sega Saturn platformer; 1996)
- Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (found iOS game; 2010)
- Sonic the Hedgehog "2006" (lost complete build of Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 platformer; 2006)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost Tokyo Toy Show prototype build of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive platformer; 1990)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost Winter Consumer Electronics Show 1991 demo build of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive platformer; 1991)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost build of cancelled Amiga port of Sega Genesis platformer; 1992)
- Sonic-16 (lost build of unreleased Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game based on "Sonic the Hedgehog" animated TV series; 1993)
- Sonic Runners (found endless runner mobile game; 2015)