Sonic Saturn (lost build of cancelled Sega Saturn prototype of platformer; mid-1990s)
During the production of Sonic X-Treme, Sega Technical Institute were planning to make another Sonic game for Sega's ill-fated console, the Sega Saturn. The game's work working title was Sonic Saturn.
Unlike Sonic X-Treme, the game's world was meant to be more realistic. Based on what very little concept art that has actually been leaked, it (like X-Treme) appeared to have Metal Sonic in it.
It was never actually announced to the general public, and also didn't get far into production before cancellation.
Like other Sonic the Hedgehog games, Sonic Saturn was planned to have 3D special stages. (Similar to Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, e.t.c.) It had Sonic in a 3D environment playing pool. The objective (like other main-series Sonic games) of the special stages are assumed to be to collect the seven Chaos Emeralds.
- Shadow the Hedgehog (lost build of unreleased Teen rated version of platformer; 2005)
- Sister Sonic (lost build of cancelled "Sonic the Hedgehog" localization of "Popful Mail" Sega CD side-scrolling platformer; 1993)
- Sonic 3D Blast (found cassette demo tape of unused game soundtrack; 1996)
- Sonic Adventure New Year's DLC (found "Sonic the Hedgehog" holiday-themed DLC; 1998)
- Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (found iOS game; 2010)
- Sonic DS (lost Nintendo DS tech demo; 2004)
- Sonic Generations (lost game demo; 2010)
- Sonic Jr. (lost build of unreleased Sega Pico game; existence unconfirmed; 1994)
- Sonic Sports (lost build of cancelled Sega 32X sports game; 1995)
- Sonic Synergy (lost original build of "Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric" Wii U action-adventure game; 2007-2013)
- Sonic the Hedgehog "2006" (lost complete build of Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 platformer; 2006)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost build of cancelled Amiga port of Sega Genesis platformer; 1992)
- Sonic The Hedgehog (lost build of cancelled Sega CD port of Sega Genesis platformer; 1992)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost Tokyo Toy Show prototype build of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive platformer; 1990)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost Winter Consumer Electronics Show 1991 demo build of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive platformer; 1991)
- Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (lost build of cancelled iOS port of Sega Genesis platformers; 2014)
- Sonic The Hedgehog: Awakening (lost build of cancelled "Sonic the Hedgehog" game; existence unconfirmed; late 2000s)
- Sonic X-Treme (found build of unreleased Sega Saturn video game; 1996)
- Sonic-16 (lost build of unreleased Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game based on "Sonic the Hedgehog" animated TV series; 1993)
- Sonic Retro page on Sonic Saturn. Retrieved 16 Nov '19