Sonic Saturn (lost build of cancelled Sega Saturn prototype of platformer; mid-1990s)
During the production of Sonic X-Treme, Sega Technical Institute were planning to make another Sonic game for Sega's ill-fated console, the Sega Saturn. The game's work working title was Sonic Saturn.
Unlike Sonic X-Treme, the game's world was meant to be more realistic. Based on what very little concept art that has actually been leaked, it (like X-Treme) appeared to have Metal Sonic in it.
It was never actually announced to the general public, and also didn't get far into production before cancellation.
Sonic Pool[edit | edit source]
Like other Sonic the Hedgehog games, Sonic Saturn was planned to have 3D special stages. (Similar to Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, e.t.c.) It had Sonic in a 3D environment playing pool. The objective (like other main-series Sonic games) of the special stages are assumed to be to collect the seven Chaos Emeralds.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Shadow the Hedgehog (lost build of unreleased Teen rated version of platformer; 2005)
- Sister Sonic (lost build of cancelled "Sonic the Hedgehog" localization of "Popful Mail" Sega CD side-scrolling platformer; 1993)
- Sonic 3D Blast (found cassette demo tape of unused game soundtrack; 1996)
- Sonic Adventure New Year's DLC (found "Sonic the Hedgehog" holiday-themed DLC; 1998)
- Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (found iOS game; 2010)
- Sonic DS (lost Nintendo DS tech demo; 2004)
- Sonic Generations (lost game demo; 2010)
- Sonic Jr. (lost build of unreleased Sega Pico game; existence unconfirmed; 1994)
- Sonic Sports (lost build of cancelled Sega 32X sports game; 1995)
- Sonic Synergy (lost original build of "Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric" Wii U action-adventure game; 2007-2013)
- Sonic the Hedgehog "2006" (lost complete build of Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 platformer; 2006)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost build of cancelled Amiga port of Sega Genesis platformer; 1992)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost Tokyo Toy Show prototype build of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive platformer; 1990)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (lost Winter Consumer Electronics Show 1991 demo build of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive platformer; 1991)
- Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (lost build of cancelled iOS port of Sega Genesis platformers; 2014)
- Sonic The Hedgehog: Awakening (lost build of cancelled "Sonic the Hedgehog" game; existence unconfirmed; late 2000s)
- Sonic X-Treme (found build of unreleased Sega Saturn video game; 1996)
- Sonic-16 (lost build of unreleased Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game based on "Sonic the Hedgehog" animated TV series; 1993)
External Link[edit | edit source]
- Sonic Retro page on Sonic Saturn. Retrieved 16 Nov '19