Doodle Do (partially lost CBeebies series; 2006-2010)
Doodle Do is a British pre-school series which aired on Cbeebies from 2006 to 2010.
Each episode features Chris Corcoran (a Welsh comedian and radio broadcaster playing himself) teaching Dib-Dab, Stick and Scribble (three puppets made out of knitted gloves) how to make various arts and crafts. The show was aimed at young children and most of the crafts were designed to be as cheap and easy as possible, usually using materials which the average household would have lying around.
Recurring sections included the sandworms (two worms who lived in a pirate's chest and used their trails to draw pictures in the sand) and sections featuring real-life children trying this week's craft. The show was also known for commonly featuring original songs, most of which were performed at the end of their respective episodes.
At least 46 episodes of Doodle Do were made, the details of which are still available on the BBC's website.
On July 2020, YouTube channel "Media Recoverer" uploaded the episode "Jelly Fish", the first to be publicly uncovered. Between November 2020 and February 2021, they went on to upload the episodes "Blowing Pictures", "Paint 'n' Peel Pictures", "Dipping Pictures", "Winter Special", "Beach Picture", "Gravity Dribble Picture", "Colour Snap Cards", "Salt Water Dough", "Spiders Web", "Streamer Flag", "Treasure Box" and "Paper Plate Kite".
During December 2020, the YouTube channel "90s Kids TV Fan" announced in the comments of Media Recoverer's videos that they had multiple episodes of Doodle Do on a VHS tape and would upload them as well. They uploaded eight full episodes ("Circle Painting", "Tissue Paper Stained Glass", "Spray and Splatter", "Handprint Fish", "Envelope Puppets", "Rainstick", "Foil Sculptures" and "Finger Painting Prints"), as well as part of the episode "Cup and Ball Game" and another copy of "Jelly Fish".
In 2021, the YouTube channel "VHS dump" uploaded the episode "Animals Out of Pebbles". According to a comment made by them on their video, they claim to have copies of every episode of Doodle Do, though it is unknown if they have plans to upload them.
In June 2021, "Tiny Pop Sun - Media Finder and Publisher" uploaded 4 full episodes, as well as their own copy of "Cup and Ball Game". They also uploaded another copy of "Animals Out of Pebbles" in August.
In December 2021, an account called "Children's BBC Programming" uploaded many of the remaining episodes of Doodle Do to archive.org. Several YouTube accounts have since uploaded mirrors of Children's BBC Programming's episodes.
|05||Paper Plate Kite||Found|
|06||Gravity Dribble Picture||Found|
|09||Colour Snap Cards||Found|
|10||Box Building Blocks||Lost|
|15||Finger Painting Prints||Found|
|20||Ice Cube Drawing||Found|
|23||Paper Plate Crowns||Found|
|24||Ball Biscuit Tin||Found|
|26||Bubble Print Picture Frame||Found|
|27||Animals Out of Pebbles||Found|
|28||Paint 'n' Peel Pictures||Found|
|30||Parrots on a Perch||Found|
|31||Tissue Paper Stained Glass||Found|
|32||Chalk Smudge Pictures||Found|
|33||Paper Plate Masks||Found|
|34||Cup Cake Flowers||Lost|
|36||Cup and Ball Game||Found|
|38||Tissue Paper Watercolour||Found|
|40||Tissue Box Clown Shoes||Found|
|41||Egg Box Animals||Lost|
|42||Spray and Splatter||Found|
|45||Salt Water Dough||Found|
- Alphablocks (partially found web-exclusive scenes of CBeebies animated series episodes; 2010-2013)
- Big & Small (partially lost CBeebies comedy puppet series; 2008-2011)
- Bob the Builder (partially found American dub of CBeebies stop-motion animated series; 1999-2012)
- Bob the Builder (found pitch pilot of CBeebies stop-motion animated series; 1997)
- CBeebies Springwatch (partially found preschool spin-off of British documentary series; 2006-2008)
- Razzledazzle (found CBeebies CGI animated series; 2005)
- Rubbadubbers (lost unaired pilots of CBeebies stop-motion animated series; existence unconfirmed; late 1990s-early 2000s)
- Space Pirates (found CBeebies live-action animated series; 2007-2008)
- The Wordles (partially found pitch pilot of "Abadas" CBeebies animated series; 2010)
- Zingalong (partially found CBeebies series; 2002-2004)
- BBC website episode guide on Doodle Do. Retrieved 07 Dec '20