Goldfinger (partially found deleted scenes from James Bond movie; 1964)
Goldfinger is the third film in the James Bond series and the third to star Sean Connery as Bond. The film has at least three scenes that were deleted from the final cut that have not been released publically.
The Scenes[edit | edit source]
- There is a portion of Bond's visit to Q's laboratory that includes him walking by a Royal Mail truck and talking to the technicians there. It is unknown if there is more to this scene. It is included in the opening credit sequence during a montage of scenes which can be seen on YouTube.
- Prior to the Fort Knox invasion, Felix Leiter (Cec Linder) talked to the townspeople to trick Auric Goldfinger's (Gert Frobe) invasion. This scene was deleted because the producers thought it made Felix "too heroic" compared to Bond. This scene does apparently still exists, as it was on the internet at one point, only to be taken down by Eon Productions.
- A scene of Bond and Jill Masterson (Shirley Eaton) in a hotel room practicing or playing cards. The article speculates that this may not have been a deleted scene, but rather director Guy Hamilton (who can be seen in some of the images) training the two in Gin Rummy for the movie.
- There was also a scene of Pussy Galore (Honor Blackman) inside Goldfinger's Rumpus Room. It should be noted that in the source novel, Galore is part of the scene that takes place in the room.
Availability[edit | edit source]
Besides the one that was on the internet, it is unknown if any more clips still exist.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Calvin - Bond Reviewer (partially found episodes of internet review series; 2010)
- GoldenEye 007 (found build of cancelled Xbox Live Arcade remaster of Nintendo 64 first-person shooter; 2007-2008)
- Goldeneye 007 (lost build of unreleased Virtual Boy game; 1996)
- James Bond 007: A License To Thrill (partially found motion simulator ride; 1998-2002)
- John Smith: Special Agent (found original version of "James Bond Jr." NES game; 1991)
- Omnibus: The British Hero (lost television documentary; 1973)
- Per Fine Ounce (partially found manuscript of James Bond novel; 1966)
- The Property of a Lady (lost production material of cancelled James Bond film; 1990-1993)
- Warhead 2000 (cancelled James Bond film; 1996-1999)
- You Only Live Twice (lost Jan Werich footage of spy film; 1967)